• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Happy Happy Joy Joy :)
full

full

full

And my paint for the Somua and jeep.
full

James

You mean Roden?? :) I have one of those also. Have a set of Aviattic decals to do Voss' machine. And hidden away I have some rare decals to do Rudolphe Kimke's bird. Then I guess I need to to The Barons Brothers bird :)
kimke.png

All the sudden three weeks ago I had a major tractor thing. So now most of the stuff as shown up in the last week. I kinda feel bad about the military caterpillar books as I got them both for $.99 on eBay plus $4 something shipping.
IMG_2223.JPG
IMG_2224.JPG
IMG_2225.JPG
IMG_2226.JPG
IMG_2227.JPG
IMG_2228.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet scores Sherman! I'd love to have all those in 1/72 scale! Since I can't, I got these instead....

Here's my latest haul.

One of my friends from SoCal AMPS was selling off some of his collection and so I decided to help him out by picking up these little deals:

First is this Dragon M-4A3E8 Sherman:

full

I picked it up only because I need only one of these stupid parts to finish my M-51 Isherman:

full

Next I got these kits from Airfix, First and aircraft, the EE Lightning F.2A:

full

And then more of these Japanese soldiers from Airfix as well. I need to keep replacing the ones lost in Banzai charges...

full

Next is a German vehicle, the Sd Kfz 251/9; although I can't remember why I got this one:

full

Next I got four more vehicles to beef up my already substantial Russian Army...

Two tanks: The Modelcollect T-64 AV and the T-64BV Mod 85:

full

full

I'm not sure but I think I built the second one already, although it might be an earlier Mod. We'll see...

Followed by two Trumpeter BTR-70's, one early and another late:

full

full

I love it. I'd been waiting for someone to finally release a BTR-70 and I get to have two versions!

After that, someone else turned me on to where I could find the Takom FV-432/Chieftain MkV Dual kit. So, I went on and ordered it and it is now here:

full

Finally! Now I think that once I finish up my most complete five models, I'll start on all three Chieftains and the FV-432...

While shopping for the above dual kit, these two caught my eye. I picked up this Stuart Mk5 since I have never had one ever in my collection. That is finally going to be rectified:

full

And last, I saw this Australian M-113 with the T-50 turret and had to have it:

full

Now if I can get the mojo to finally kick back in; I'll have a lot of fun with all these!

Thanks all for looking in.

Congrats on getting a stash! LOL! Nice ones Barney! I'm looking forward to seeing these get built in your new Hobby Room!

Congrats on getting a stash! LOL! Nice ones Barney! I'm looking forward to seeing these get built in your new Hobby Room!
Me too! The FB-111A was bought as a nostalgia kit (I was stationed at Plattsburgh). The MS 406 I have no idea what I'm going to do with it ($5). I also put the new P-43 Lancer by Dora on layaway!

Today we had our 64th viewing, still no sale. I grow discouraged.

I think I'm close to getting customer of the month from eBay. I'll share my modeling scores as of today. This kinda happens when I work a lot and do not get to "me time"

First up some F-104s I found when digging in my stash for some models to give to a kid here in town. Story on this is, in March the schools here went to online only and this boy would finish his school work and having ADHD would find himself in mischief. In talking to his mother I found out that he loves building, taking apart and rebuilding things. I asked if he ever built models she says" I never thought of that. My dad would build build a model plane or ship in the winter when I was younger." I told her I've got some stuff I'll give him if you he would build them. Gave them some kits, paints, tools extra. Well turned out his Dad also got involved and they built some of the kits together. I asked the kid last week if could use some more if I found some extra kits. He said "Yeah!" So I've got a couple more to give him. While digging I found these two kits pulled them out and told myself I've got to build these. Hasegawa 1/48 TF-104s

I'll make some separate posts for everything

Attachments

• IMG_2247.JPG
    IMG_2247.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2248.JPG
    IMG_2248.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
I like the Soocer War aircraft and found some 1/72 Aztec decals for a Corsair. Then of course had to get extra once I had the Tamiya Corsair.

Attachments

• IMG_2249.JPG
    IMG_2249.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Got a 1/35 scale house. It a laser cut wood kit. Not sure if the style will work for what I have in mind for two planned projects. But hopefully will jump start something for me
Thinking of doing a diorama using the Miniart bus and the house. Trying to work out the idea of kids coming home from school, running from the bus as they see Dad standing on the porch, Dad has come home to the farm from over seas. (That's what started the tractor thing.) still waiting on the figures.

Attachments

• IMG_2250.JPG
    IMG_2250.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2251.JPG
    IMG_2251.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2256.JPG
    IMG_2256.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
One last one for tonight
Parts and accessories for the Bosnian M-47, I'm thinking of making a diorama of it also. Not sure yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2252.JPG
    IMG_2252.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Sherman, well done! I picked up several kits last week for the Vets at the local VA Hospital.

I wish I could find a couple of kids who would be willing to try building. My grandson is HUGE into building stuff, but his dad thinks kits are too messy.

Back