• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Paul...

I seem to remember that the WnW Fokker DvII kit had decals that represented the streaking on certain schemes...I've no idea how well they worked though.

There were several DVII kits Michael. I have a couple and will check them and my references. I myself would paint it rather than decal it, but that is me anyway.

You know Mike, while I would like to do a triplane, I am just not interested in doing a red Richtofen plane. Are there any other marking options in the kit?

I have a set of decals that do not include either the Baron or Goering. Let me look for them...

I'll have to check the sheet....I have all the leftovers somewhere...but yeah- easy enough to recreate with a brush and not have to worry about seams or decals settling in correctly.

The Aviatic decals are not your run of the mill decals. The ones I've worked with actually have a fiber feel to them, very robust yet they conform to surface really nice.

Found the ones from the D.VII...kind of cool...

IMG_20200925_230440966_HDR_copy_800x600.jpg

I think the F.1 was a separate kit Saul. I believe WNW was going to release two kits. There were two builds on the table at Chattanooga, but I didn't take good photos of the cards telling what they were.

Back