• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

I'm getting some of that filler also. If its like the Vallejo stuff I'm sold. I had the issue with crushing on the tool also. Never thought to hone it. Will try, thanks for the hint.

Meanwhile got some more stuff today.
The Takom Skoda PA-II Turtle. Will do a review in next few days. Having a heck of a time trying to find ref books.

DSC05535.JPG

The newest Echelon decals for the conflict in Europe.

DSC05536.JPG

DSC05537.JPG

DSC05539.JPG

DSC05541.JPG

And bulking up mt WWI Aviation references.

DSC05542.JPG

DSC05543.JPG

DSC05544.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

I might just be a little obsessed with these Bandai kits...hoping to get the X-Wing and Y-Wing soon- even one in 1/72 Mark ;)
1.jpg

002~90.jpg

003~93.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Nice score Jeeves! I'm not sure how the Bandai kits fit together; I built the Finemolds one and it was the most well-engineered kit I've ever built. I wouldn't mind having a full range of Star Wars craft in 1/72 scale. Looking forward to seeing that one built.

Latest Acquisitions

I finally decided to take a huge plunge and jumped on the overpriced 25 month subscription kit for the iconic Millenium Falcon kit from DeAGOSTINI/Model Space. Have always been enthused about that ship. While it is going to be quite impressive, I can tell ny looking at the forum for Model Space that there woll be at least some heavy rework required to get it up to my standards. I doubt that it will be as good as the Fine Molds kit as far as being correct, but it should be awonderful challenge to correct all the little inacuracies. I already know the pit will need a major rework.

So, sometime in the next few weeks I should get my first shipment and it will all begin.

build_millenium_falcon.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

25 months, that's really an investment Paul. That'll be a neat trip though. :popcorn

Yeah, I know, but I spend at least that every month on my plastic crack addiction. Might as well do an investment type model and do it up right.

The fun part is you get to follow along and tell me where I am messing up, eh!? :D

Latest Acquisitions

What scale is it? Looks big. Hope it will give you much pleasure.
I have the Fine Molds kit, but feel that I never will build it. Too high expectations and too worried about messing up a rare kit.

Latest Acquisitions

25 months, that's really an investment Paul. That'll be a neat trip though. :popcorn

Yeah, I know, but I spend at least that every month on my plastic crack addiction. Might as well do an investment type model and do it up right.

The fun part is you get to follow along and tell me where I am messing up, eh!? :D

I'm not a science fiction fan myself but I think this should be interesting Paul :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Latest Acquisitions

I have the Fine Molds kit, but feel that I never will build it. Too high expectations and too worried about messing up a rare kit.

Hey Denso ! :) Nice to see you .

Are you ever going to post any pictures of something you're building/have built ?

Cheers Christian B)

Latest Acquisitions

Let us know how you like that filler. Heard lots about it too.

That cutter works ok, but I had to hone mine a bit for balsa wood as it seemed to crush instead of cut it. It also seemed to leave the cut end on a bit of an angle, so I cut stuff a bit long and sand it to size to get it square. How's it working for you?

EJ
EJ, I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Latest Acquisitions

Not too worried about messing it up as I have had to do major rework/repair on other kits with amazing results. I already know that the interior cockpit and hold are going to be heavily reworked after looking at some of the other builds on the Model Space forum. I am a little surprised that the interior isn't more correct and detailed than it is. Stickers for the instument panels. :stinker Beats decals I guess in some cases, but will be replaced by fully scratchbuilt stuff as I already know I can do better.

As to the scale, it is either 1/48 or 1/43 can't tell for sure from the poor info photo I got a while back. Should kow more for sure soon as I received word that my first shipment is on it's way this AM. If it is 1/48 might have to look into some of the new Bandai and Fine Molds 1/48 Star Wars kits to park with it. :D

As to high expectations, have some walk-around photos of the original movie prop and it is rather sloppy. Bothe the Fine Molds 1/72 and this one would easily work for movie props.

More info and photos once I get the first shipment folks. Will start a new thread When it gets here. :frantic

Latest Acquisitions

Third time tthe charm? This is the third attempt to post this. The other two simply disappeared. :'(

I received a bunch of kits as early birthday presents. Most are older Tamiya releases although some have been retooled a bit or had stuff added to them. I like these older releases because they look the part, are fairly easy to assemble and don`t cost a heck of a lot.

All these kits are German and are 1/35 scale.

Anti-tank Guns:

Tamiya 35035 3.7cm Pak 35/36 (4 figres, 3 rounds, 4 casings & 3 ammo boxes)
Tamiya 35047 7.5cm Pak 40/46 (3 figures, some rounds, casings & 1 ammo box)
Tamiya 35047 88mm Flak 36/37 (8 figues, 1 motorcycle + 1 standing rider, 14 rounds, 7 casings, 6 ammo boxes) The Desert version has 11 rounds, 7 casings, 6 ammo boxes from tthe original kit + 8 rounds, some casings & 6 ammo boxes of far better appearance.
Trumpeter 02308 8.8cm pak 43 (no figure, 8 rounds, 8 casings, no ammo boxes)
AFV Club 35059 Pak 43/41 "Scheuntor" (No figures or ammunition)

Armour

Tamiya 25096 Pz. IV Ausf.D (3 crew figures0
Academy Pz. IV Ausf.H (1 crew figure)
Tamiya 35087 Sturgeschutz IV Sdkfz 163 (1 figure)
Tamiya 35340 Jagpanzer IV/709V) Lang (2 crew figures winter)
Tamiya 35101 Flakpanzer IV Mobelwagen ( 4 crew figures summer)
Academy Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwind (4 crew winter = ex-Tamiya 20mm Flak Crew?)
Tamiya 35065 Panzerkampfwagen V Panther Ausf.A (1 figure)
Italeri No.290 Panzerkampfwage V Panther Ausf.D (no bow machine gun & no figure)
Tamiya 35252 King Tiger Ardennes (4 figures + 2 motorcycles)
Tamiya 35335 8.8cm Nashorn (4 figures winter, 16 rouns & 8 casings)
Tamiya 35029 Hanomag Sdkfz 251/1 (5 figures)

Cheers from Peter

Back