• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

I picked these up a couple weeks ago while at EagleQuest

349_zps5evwmher.jpg

This glue works fast :good:
350_zps7j6qp2ct.jpg

OK, how's this compare to Ambroid's ProWeld, TenaxR7?

Now I have not used it a lot, but when I have it sets fast and strong. I think its the best of the glues I have right now. Sets faster than Proweld and Tenax. Would not recommend for beginners as how it sets up.

Latest Acquisitions

I picked these up a couple weeks ago while at EagleQuest

This glue works fast :good:
350_zps7j6qp2ct.jpg

OK, how's this compare to Ambroid's ProWeld, TenaxR7?

Now I have not used it a lot, but when I have it sets fast and strong. I think its the best of the glues I have right now. Sets faster than Proweld and Tenax. Would not recommend for beginners as how it sets up.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still tryin' to git use to ProWeld & TenaxR7 :good:

Latest Acquisitions

Picked this up for the wife's Nomad...

C87BFDF0-5307-4CB6-9180-A7129F338089_zpsq9ukef7m.jpg

C463B620-6F30-4A70-97EB-CD3DF667CF7C_zpssiaykqzy.jpg

And this for a project I have in mind with Tamiya's 1/35 Tilly.

35CF72D8-A0AC-41E3-8C58-A3FA30701A1B_zpsyr2lapcg.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Yeah, those are cool. I bought a set of the commonwealth newsmen maybe six months ago, they are built and ready to paint. I am using them with the American war correspondents in Logistics. Patton was always surrounded with dozens of reporters and photographers.

They went together nicely!

Bob

Latest Acquisitions

Got a mysterious package in today's mail from somebody in Indiana... the Aerofax book "Convair B-58 Hustler" by Jay Miller
Very nicebook with lots of detail shots!! :coolio (y)

Latest Acquisitions

I was all excited about this, just learned it is the Italeri kit re-boxed :idonno

009_zpsydsh8rkx.jpg

012_zpshciyonpp.jpg

Nice decals though!

Cobra Company has a detail set (nothing for the one piece canopy though:

I looks good but the exhaust is the star of the set (click image for an article on using it on the Italeri kit):

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

It always pays to check out your local Op Shop. I picked up all of these for about $200-00.....Cheers mark

Latest Acquisitions

They are small boxes and he probly did it a few at a time. (or she was out of the house)

Nice haul there Surfs up! (y)

Latest Acquisitions

25% off coupon at Michael's Craft Stores plus eBay purchases to mix my own Soviet Cockpit Emerald Green which matches Eduard's pre-painted panels.

GSpaintXactoZ.JPG

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Went to a small hobby expo over in Taupo this weekend, took some of my race cars and the family, we made a mini-break out of it. There's a another Brit here who has an on-line shop that specializes in car kits - he was at the show too, so I swapped him some kits that I was never going to get started for a couple of NASCAR kits and some money !!

h27af769.JPG

Both will be 'donor' kits. The Chevy will be Mikey Waltrips' 2000 car (the black/yellow 'Nations Rent' one), the Taurus may be Ricky Cravens #32 'Tide Ride'.

Ian.

Back