• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

For some reason this past couple of weeks I have gone on a Modern German kick. So first 3 kits have arrived.
The Meng Panzerhaubitz 2000 is the same as their initial offering but with one new sprue with the bolt on armour. It has nw markings and I think I will hounor my Dutch friends with a Dutch build. So keep an eye Mats, Veerle, and Ron.
The Leo is the newest MEng kit. The Luchs is much bigger than I imaginesd and I cant wait to build it. Now just waiting on a Fennik, VW van, and Fork Lift.

DSC05558.JPG

DSC05559.JPG

DSC05560.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

Love Moebius models Kenny-- how do the sprues look?
Mike, they look very good. The detail is crisp including the raised lettering on the body. I'll need to do some research to see what details I need to leave and what needs to go to make it a standard F100 work truck.

Latest Acquisitions

I've been remiss about posting my latest acquisitions. Here are the most notable and intent:

When I was informed the Sd.Kfz. 233 was ready, I placed an order:

Very nice kit, some things to look out for and/or add. Perhaps an inbox look with informative text?
AF2533ArtBox.JPG

Ckukw like art... the shadow makes this a no-no for Germany though:
AF2533ArtPoster.JPG

I love Sunday Morning Funnies:
AF35264box.JPG

AF35274box.JPG

AF35288box.JPG

I will place a few with the underrated kit which needs more attention, the Vulcan Models 2 Pdr.
AG35041.JPG

Excellent book with a few quirks caused by the translators, I plan to write a quick review:
HCShermanPacWar.JPG

This will be built and placed on my son's desk to see if he'll notice...
Revel05805Aidabox.JPG

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Nice haul Saul. The only 233 I've found has been on auction but its one I will get. I was going to add the Churchills to my stash but I've been losing interest and am fully entrenched in WWI and modern Soviet stuff now. Will have to get that rota trailer though.
James

Latest Acquisitions

Nice haul indeed !

HCShermanPacWar.JPG

Still waiting for this book from my book seller the say it wil be on sale on 28-07-2015 :bat

Latest Acquisitions

"Ckukw like art... the shadow makes this a no-no for Germany though:"

Is that artwork somewhere on tthe kit boxart or instructions?

When I was a child and building models my dad would not allow anything with the "Crooked Cross" in the house (Canada). I always thought it strange that something wasn't allowed on a historical model.

Cheers

Latest Acquisitions

When I was a child and building models my dad would not allow anything with the "Crooked Cross" in the house (Canada). I always thought it strange that something wasn't allowed on a historical model.

Cheers

Hey,Peter...look closely at the shadow,then you will see the Palm tree and Swastika from the German Africa Korps.
In Germany they have strict laws,even when you have models with Swastikas or other Nazi signs they will not be allowed at model shows.Many times Swastikas are obscured by putting a piece of tape over it at public shows.

Gangelt50.jpg

Gr,Ron.

Latest Acquisitions

Cheers

Hey,Peter...look closely at the shadow,then you will see the Palm tree and Swastika from the German Africa Korps.
In Germany they have strict laws,even when you have models with Swastikas or other Nazi signs they will not be allowed at model shows.Many times Swastikas are obscured by putting a piece of tape over it at public shows.

Gr,Ron.

Hi Ron. I saw the shadow but was wondering if the artwork was on tthe kit box or in the instructions or if it was artwork someone just posted here. I'm also aware of the German band on the swastika. Btw, in Northern Ontario (Canada) there's a small town and its name is Swastika (1908). Funny that during WW1 the name of Berlin, Ontrio was changed to Kitchener, Ontario but during WW2 Swastika, Ontario was never changed.

Cheers from Peter

Latest Acquisitions

Hi Peter,

The artwork is a poster that AFV Club includes with some of their releases. No swastikas are ever visible on the out side of the box.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

For some reason this past couple of weeks I have gone on a Modern German kick.

DSC05558.JPG

James

Me too:

h7ad45e3.jpg

Every year I try to do an AFV or a softskin, Last year I managed to finish the Dodge Ambulance, but not the M106 that I started for the 'Modern Armour' campaign.

EXACTLY one year ago today I bought the Takom Leo 1A5, however I'm running a wee bit scared of the individual track-links that come with the kit, therefore I've put it into the stash to wait for my skills to catch-up with my determination to build it !!

I really admired Ron's Leo 2A4 which he did finish for the Modern Armour Campaign, at the time tho' the RoG kit that he used was commanding quite hefty prices at all the regualr on-line sellers.

Skip forward to this weekend and I'm idly browsing eBay; There for just £10.50GBP a 1:35 Hobbyboss Leo 2A4 from a seller on the Chinese mainland who I've dealt with before... A no-brainer, bought it, and it's on it's way.

A BIG, modern impressive model for very little outlay to practice upon... How could I say no !!

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

This Revell Aida is, for all intents and purposes, built and awaiting the paint booth. Once decals are on,(plus some filtering and shadows to bring out the details), it will be placed on my son's desk.
Revel05805Aidabox.JPG

In the mail, I received this decal sheet from my favorite decal pusher on eBay; RebelAlpha:
h48d04db.jpg

AF2533ArtPoster.JPG

Is this box art, Saul?

Simply a poster which AFV Club includes as a bonus. While they are nice, I prefer the regular posters (reproductions of the box art which are ready to frame) that most other releases come with (except accessories, figures, and small releases like guns).

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Came directly from Hong Kong:
AkanPaints.JPG

For the Eduard MiG-21 and Great Wall Hobby MiG-29 kits I've been playing with but not sharing.

Regards,

Back