• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

I see you found the guy on Ebay that has been selling Accurate Miniature kits for cheap. I picked some up from him also. Dang good prices. He did have B-25 kits for 15 dollars.

At long last there is a British .303 caliber Vickers machine gun in styrene! I have been wanting one of these for years and today my Dragon British Expeditionary Force France 1940 figure set with the Vickers machine gun came in.

Here are three of the kits I'm using for my latest L.R.D.G. Chevy Truck diorama.

IMG_1751.JPG

I bought this kit primarilly for the Vickers machine gun because I want it for one of my L.R.D.G. Trucks. I have the Master Box Commonwealth Tank Crew set because I want to use the Dromedary and rider. I want to get another Dromedary and rider and hope I don't have to buy the entire set to get them.

The Vickers Machine Gun appears to be a pretty nice model and it's plenty good enough for my needs. Both the Vickers Gun Team and The Commonwealth Tank Crew sets are worth the price of the gun and the Dromedary respectively even if the rest of the kit wasn't used.

IMG_1754.JPG

The Dragon set also includes three nice No.1 Mk.III Lee Enfield rifles. For some reason Dragon has neglected to include scabbards for the bayonets. Scabbards can be taken from the Tamiya British 8th Army figures since those scabbards are the wrong ones for the Lee Enfield No.4 Rifles in that Tamiya set.

IMG_1752.JPG

I'm not sure when I'll actually start building this but it will be in the near future.

Cheers

Have the same set with the vickers machinegun, it's really nice, Masterbox also have a set with Brittish weapons including the vickers B)
I'm sure it will be a nice diorama (y)
//Mats

Few things came in.
Got this in Edmonton on the way home.

P61.jpg

From Brothers Sprue.

C15.jpg

DSC01773.JPG

LVT.jpg

The new Mr Black figure painting book. Has some sculpting in it also.

DSC01776.JPG

The LVT will be a British one used by the Canadians in the Scheldt.

James

Hey there James!

I have the Italeri LVT-4 in my stash along with a slew of Dragon Canadian Algonquin Regiment figures because I was going to build mine as used in the Scheldt Estuary too. My dad served there. FWIW, my mother's dad served at Yepres, Passchendale and Vimy Ridge in WW1. When do you plan to start your LVT? Maybe I'll start mine thten too.

Cheers

Hey there James!

I have the Italeri LVT-4 in my stash along with a slew of Dragon Canadian Algonquin Regiment figures because I was going to build mine as used in the Scheldt Estuary too. My dad served there. FWIW, my mother's dad served at Yepres, Passchendale and Vimy Ridge in WW1. When do you plan to start your LVT? Maybe I'll start mine thten too.

Cheers

Not sure when I will start. Last months Military Modeler has a half decent article on building this one. My inspiration is Terrible Victory: First Canadian Army and the Scheldt Estuary Campaign, September 13–November 6, 1944 by Mark Zuelhke. He is an awesome writer who sucks you into the action. I've read all his books and highly recommend him if you are interested in Canadian WWII history.

James

I got this:

MengDS004box.JPG

can you wonder why?

MengDS004decals.JPG

Especially since I already built this:

Revell04635.JPG

In the same box as the Fiat was this:

MengHS001BoxFront.JPG

The figures aren't bad for a first effort.. want a closer look?

Also, I bought these on eBay:

Dec072012.JPG

Replacement RSO sprockets with Steyr logos...

Regards,

Got a couple books from the Ampersand Black Friday sale...left the Churchill one at school- but here is the Staghound one...seems like a pretty nice book for getting diorama ideas...a few interior shots, but nothing in color...
100_7371.jpg

And a couple cool gifts from my SMA Secret Santa--
100_7373.jpg

100_7372.jpg

Hi!...

...last week, when my passage through France I got the following stuff ...

...I´ll try the silver acrylic paint (Cidadel) on my CTA project...

Regards for all......................Luiz.

I got some stuff today from the mail and the lhs. Pics coming soon.
1/32 Uhu, RSO Ost, M109 A2, Pz IV B with plow.
James

Back