• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Well now that we are finally moved and all settled into the new house and everything is unpacked I figured it was time to treat myself to some new kits.

IMG_4130.jpg

Yes I finally turned to the darkside with the armor kits. The Lindberg kit I picked up here in town for 5 bucks and plan on using it to try out the hairspray technique for a winter paint job. The others were all Ebay buys.

Well now that we are finally moved and all settled into the new house and everything is unpacked I figured it was time to treat myself to some new kits.

IMG_4130.jpg

Yes I finally turned to the darkside with the armor kits. The Lindberg kit I picked up here in town for 5 bucks and plan on using it to try out the hairspray technique for a winter paint job. The others were all Ebay buys.

The valuepack STUG III is a gem, you will love that build

Got these books for my WNW Fokker EIII

DSC01119.JPG

Won these 2 on Ebay

DSC01120.JPG

Got the book on EBay and the magazine along with the 2 EIII books. It has a couple of builds of the new WNW kits.

DSC01121.JPG

And these came in at the local Hobby Shop.

DSC01122.JPG

James

Nice books! I have a bunch of Windsock files, and they are always a source of inspiration.
In my opinion among the best value reference literature available.

Nice books! I have a bunch of Windsock files, and they are always a source of inspiration.
In my opinion among the best value reference literature available.

I agree. And the Windsock build guides for WNW kits are very very good also.
JAmes

Spent a little bit of birthday money this week-- picked this up at Hobby Lobby for $30 even...the stores in NY rarely give any great deals...gotta love living here ;)
006%7E23.jpg

Might do some aftermarket...just gotta research what is out there...

And this one is one I am anxious to start-- going to do the rocket-armed Canadian version...
007%7E21.jpg

And thanks to Mike's post about Ampersand, I was able to get the Staghound book for $6 :)

Still have some cash left...waiting to see what to spend it on...

Spent a little bit of birthday money this week-- picked this up at Hobby Lobby for $30 even...the stores in NY rarely give any great deals...gotta love living here ;)
006%7E23.jpg

Might do some aftermarket...just gotta research what is out there...

And this one is one I am anxious to start-- going to do the rocket-armed Canadian version...
007%7E21.jpg

And thanks to Mike's post about Ampersand, I was able to get the Staghound book for $6 :)

Still have some cash left...waiting to see what to spend it on...

Gotta love that massive B-29. As far as aftermarket goes for it. I don't think there is much out there other than decals and resin tires. I know that Terry Dean makes some stuff for it as well. Usually he has an ad over on ARC. Just found a link to his post http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=257183&st=0&p=2439500&hl=b-29&fromsearch=1&#entry2439500

I've been lazy about posting but here is what made it to Casa García:
Nov21.JPG

Latest issue of MMI, Panzerwrecks 14 (which I will review), and a nice friend sent me four dogs after reading that I based my figure purchases on whether animals were included. Thanks Donald!

Regards,

Buying this one also contributes to the MVTF where the Panther is kept. 298 crisp and large photos; inside and out!

TMTPPzV252520001.JPG

Toadman Tank Photos

Regards,

Hey Nerdling,
I have that DML halftrack & PE set on the go right now...stalled at the moment, but I plan
to get back to it.

Here's the link if you're interested.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/armoured-fury/77691-dragon-sdkfz-2501-alteupdate-012912

Tom

Two books on Israeli Shermans,the 75mm and 105mm howitzer versions. Plus an order from Gaso.Line.
155.jpg

156.jpg

157.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg

This will be an Israeli mecha.
160.jpg

Hey Nerdling,
I have that DML halftrack & PE set on the go right now...stalled at the moment, but I plan
to get back to it.

Here's the link if you're interested.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/armoured-fury/77691-dragon-sdkfz-2501-alteupdate-012912

Tom

Hey Tom thanks for posting that link. That will come in helpful when I get around to building the halftrack.

Picked up my order today at the LHS
first
P1110670.JPG

Then
P1110672.JPG

and last
P1110671.JPG

Not been very active lately but i hope it will change soon, suffer from a cold that doesn't wanna give in.....
//Mats

Back