• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV Club 231 Panzerspahwagen 8 RAD

panzerace007

Hey Guys,

Here are some shots of the 231 8 RAD. Voyager P.E. , Panzer Art Wheel set , and a Storage set from Black Dog.

hb01e44e_2015-02-08.jpg

hfa7ca21.jpg

h9444645.jpg

h6373709.jpg

h1341321.jpg

h4acc7c8_2015-02-08.jpg

hd6ca8bc_2015-02-08.jpg

h759c1b0.jpg

h79ab7a8.jpg

ha75e1b5.JPG

These are th wheels from Panzer Art. The Valve stem is actually a kit part !!

hc77abf5.jpg

I also picked up th AFV update set that comes with the 20mm Turned barrel ! The MG13 is a kit part. I also trying a new approach to primering. At first I shot Vallejo's Dark Yellow . Then decided to come back with Vallejo's White thinned down to add a Pre-Highlight.

hb573d4c.jpg

hc487f31_2015-02-08.jpg

Here We are again with th new concept, at least it is new to me. I've shot th 8 RAD with Vallejo White & added a Pre-shade with Vallejo Black. She'll be getting a Pre-War Tri-Tone from '37 !!

h17e0211_2015-02-08.jpg

hb3d0999.jpg

h8a49f67.jpg

h7b4526c.jpg
a

hfc3bff8.jpg

Here is the Pre-War Tri tone - Buntfarbenanstrich a Tri tone the German's used in 1937 . It's a Hard Edge camo scheme !!

Stay Tuned & Thanx for checking it out!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb5EfvVkcfA​

:mpup

I'm trying something different by laying on thin layers of the Camo & have the White & Black greatly influence the shading ... We'll see how it turns out. Th Primer is a Super Thin coat. So, if it doesn't work, it's not a lot of paint going down on th 231.

:mpup

I'm trying something different by laying on thin layers of the Camo & have the White & Black greatly influence the shading ... We'll see how it turns out. Th Primer is a Super Thin coat. So, if it doesn't work, it's not a lot of paint going down on th 231.

Neat idea, trying something new is always great.

:soldier

Great choice of subject and then painting it in the '37 scheme, that's a double-win in my opinion !!

I've use that high contrast pre-shade on aircraft builds, works well with something that will end-up heavily faded... like a carrier or desert based machine. Really looking forward to how this progresses.

Ian.

Hey Guys,

Thanx for th kind words !! Ian - I'm looking forward to shooting some color on this & marking out th Camo !! I'm not going for a Faded look - as in '37 It wouldn't see a lot of action ! But the contrast of White & Black to aid in th Lighting. As I see it in My head ... ??? The light source is coming from the Driver's side ... as that side has a bit more white . Some slight mud build up & dust as if just coming off of a Training mission !!

:mpup - New things ... FO-Sho ! I'm excited to see how this comes out !!

\m/\m/ - Where did My KISS Icon's go ... lol I've forgotten how to post them ! lol

This will have to do .... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSqUL0fOJmg​

Back