• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KA-GO by fine molds

phantom II

Master at Arms
As I was cruising through the vendor's tables I ran across a few interesting bargains .

Not quite the white box that MP seems to find irresistible but close . Black and white.

I have no idea what KA-GO means but in my language , it would stand for holly crap I can't believe I have to fly this over a place where they're going to shoot at me .

__12a.jpg

Yes, the Japanese were brave enough to fly this in anger .

Cheers, Christian B)

Very cool Christian, I've been looking at the AZ Models boxing of this in 1/48. Considering getting it!

Should be an interesting build!

:popcorn

Thanks for your interest guys . I find this interesting as well.

Seems pretty straight up but I have zero info on it, so if anybody can provide any visible info if could be helpful.

Cheers, Christian B)

This bird was copied off an American machine, I forget the name of it. The Japanese had two versions, one with a radial engine and this one with a licensed built Argus engine.

These were called Auto-gyro's they been around or the ideal about the time of the Wright Brothers 1St flight ......

The early history of the autogyro is basically a history of one man, don Juan de la Cierva. I found this page & info on the craft ..... I think this guy started the aircraft .....

hbc233aa.jpg

http://www.jefflewis.net/autogyros.html

Enjoy ...... Gerry

Yep not exactly maybe even a Hollywood stunt as it does have a set of wings below the gyro ..... where as the ones above are wingless unless you count the whirling thing on top ..... :eek:ldguy

That one wasn't a hollywood stunt, other than having a groom show up in a Autogyro, that was a real aircraft. Still think there was another incarnation of this aircraft somewhere, German or US...just can't remember.

Here's what the Kayaba was based on Christian, the Kellet KD-1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellett_KD-1

Thanks Warren . I was concerned about what might be viewed from the air intake and since it used the Argus engine, I know all I need to know now . :)

Cheers, Christian B)

The Hampden got on my nerves last night when I figured out that the manufacturer placed the cockpit floor back too far for the pilot to be sitting in the actual cockpit.

After removing it , I decided it would be good to fiddle with something else .

So, out came the exacto knife and the drill bits and I opened some slit into the fuselage and removed the ridiculous exhaust pipes .

Not much but it's part of the prep.

Ka-go_prep_001a.jpg

Not much but it's part of the prep.

KA-GA_preps_002_a.jpg

Will be out of town this week, so no boring updates .

Cheers, Christian B)

I have no idea what KA-GO means but in my language , it would stand for holly crap I can't believe I have to fly this over a place where they're going to shoot at me .

You're not far off, Christian.

This autogyro is a copy of a US design, itself inspired by the Spanish autogyros from Cierva. During the demonstration they heard the Spanish consultant say "me cago" which they took to mean the name of the aircraft. Transliterated into Japanese, it became Ka-Go. Look up the translation and you will see why I said you weren't far off.

all in jest.
Regards,

You're not far off, Christian.

This autogyro is a copy of a US design, itself inspired by the Spanish autogyros from Cierva. During the demonstration they heard the Spanish consultant say "me cago" which they took to mean the name of the aircraft. Transliterated into Japanese, it became Ka-Go. Look up the translation and you will see why I said you weren't far off.

Thanks Saul. Interesting little tidbit :good: I also though that might have been the sound made by the crew chief as he kicked the tire when it would not go B)

Cheers, Christian B)

all in jest.
Regards,

Needing another vacation from boring retirement Chris?

:popcorn

Well Bob I prefer to say that the remodeling was pretty tough on my back and after three visit to the Chiropractor we decided to head South for some salt air breezes and some awesome Cuban food.....Maybe it will speed the healing :rotf and if not it will still be good for the soul :drool

Cheers, Christian B)

Back