• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri 1/48 Fw-190D-9

Adam

This will be my entry for this campaign. It will be out of the box except for these HGW seatbelts.

DSC06276_zps68f00f87.jpg

DSC06278_zps1293da0a.jpg

Looking forward to building this. I built the Pro-Modeler version of this kit some time ago and I really hope to do a much better job on it this time.

AFAIK this is a re-box of the old Trimaster/Dragon kit. Some of the parts fit may test your patience, Adam. Will be watching closely.

Ian

:popcorn Will be looking for the :bang head

Not sure how tough the Trimaster kits are to build but I have seen some pretty nice builds in the FW 190 family :D

Cheers, Christian B)

With a little bit of care during construction these ex-Dragon Doras build into great looking models. Will be watching this with interest.

Matrixone

Been pecking away at this one. It took me an entire Friday evening to put these HGW belts but I must say... they are quite awesome. Fiddly as all hell :vmad but awesome.

DSC06337_zpsd5972588.jpg

DSC06338_zps764ae9eb.jpg

Look. No wing root gap and no putty either!

DSC06339_zps3258027b.jpg

Thanks Bob and Chris! Well I got the paint on and that's about all I can say. Friggin had some AB problems, cat hair issues, and plain stupidity all interfere to make this a craptastic paint job. I did preshade it but I just decided to go over it heavy and erase it. Well it'll make a nice 3 footer.

DSC06342_zpsa3f9ebbb.jpg

DSC06343_zps7416c718.jpg

Thanks for following along all 2 of you! (y)

Back