• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri 1/48 Fw-190D-9

:zen carry on Adam, It looks pretty respectable to me! Remember the G2 builds we did ?
You finished that one in the ''end game'' and it turned out sweet.

Adam, I have been following your build, just haven't posted anything, if I posted on all the builds I'm following across the net, I would not have time to do any modeling or anything else for that matter. Cat hair is a constant issue for me and even though the cats are not permitted in the workroom I still manage to carry it in on my clothes. Your build looks great to me, I have one of these from the original Trimaster boxing that has been on the shelf of doom for about five years, I'm hoping that seeing yours finished will give me a boot to finish mine. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Chris, Bob, Phil and Gary! This morning I was not quite as displeased as I was with this thing last night. Gonna shoot some future here in a little bit and decal the thing up!

I have one of these from the original Trimaster boxing that has been on the shelf of doom for about five years, I'm hoping that seeing yours finished will give me a boot to finish mine.

I hope so Gary! There was something different about those orginal kits wasn't there? Some resin or PE in the kit maybe?

Adam, I have been following your build, just haven't posted anything, if I posted on all the builds I'm following across the net, I would not have time to do any modeling or anything else for that matter.

Same for me, Adam. Keep it together, bud, you're 'on long finals'

Ian

Adam,
The painting looks good! :good:

Not sure if it matters to you or not but its better to speak up now before its too late, this D-9 was flown by I./EKG(J) a training unit to assist ex-bomber pilots in learning how to fly fighters and they had yellow fuselage bands not white, also the aircraft numbers were in red outlined in white. In case you are interested EagleCals have decals for this aircraft, IIRC the EagleCal decals are based on more recent information.
After looking at the picture of the box top art its clear Italeri used some older information about this aircraft, in recent years there has been a number of newly discovered photographs that give a lot more information about it.
I can't tell if your model has the late style blown canopy or not but the Italeri box art is incorrect, W.Nr.211115 was fitted with the early style flat canopy without the pully.

Matrixone

Oh I know you guys are lookin' in! I just like to be sarcastic! :D

Hahahahaha yes Les I just figured all of that out! I found the Eaglecals sheet of this aircraft just because I was curious. Oh well it will be what it will be! I'm not gonna worry about the fuselage band color if the numbers and mustache are wrong anyways... Also, yes the canopy is wrong. At least with what you told me about not having the pulley I will know to pose the wire slack!

Man I need to get a hobby boss or eduard one of these and do it right though! :facepalm

Finished this one up yesterday. Happy to have it done and off the bench. Woohoo!

DSC06416_zps5d089338.jpg

DSC06420_zpsecf3ed6c.jpg

DSC06418_zps0635a779.jpg

DSC06415_zps8abe2eb3.jpg

DSC06417_zps997bced5.jpg

DSC06419_zps6bdec2e4.jpg

Way to go Adam, post it up in the completion thread and claim your ribbon.

What happened to your figure, stick it up at the wrong person? :rotf

That turned out great Adam! (y)

A week ago I had my copy of Vol.2 of Crandall's Dora book out and was looking at the photographs of this aircraft, in one of the photographs the tail band looks so pale I am not sure if its white or pale yellow...so I can understand why there could be so much confusion on what color it was.

Later this year I might build a 1/32 scale Dora in the same markings as yours, I really like the markings on it.

Matrixone

Thanks again guys!

Les, I'm definitely doing this one again and doing it right. The mustache is just too cool and unique. I'll be doing it in 1/48 though so I guess the Eduard kit is my best option really. Who knows, maybe we'll get to it at the same time. B)

Adam, why not use the Tamiya kit for the next one ?? - Going to give you a lot less trouble to put together !!

Ian

Back