• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Iron Mike's Jagdpanther

Tony, no worries, mate! Not going to rush the finish, just ready to move on. Growth hurts, bro!

Anthony, thanks! I probably ought to bang 'em up some, just kinda nervous at this point to stress them too much. Anybody got a good method for this??

I'm home with the crud today, just as well since the weather sucks! I just don't feel too much like hitting the bench. :huh:

Well after being sick, working a hectic schedule and the weather getting warmer, I have finally made my way back to the bench! I decided it was time to prime all the brass so I could find the imperfections, man there were a BUNCH! After correcting the gaps, I shot another coat of Tamiya Grey Primer and then applied a mix of Tamiya Dark Yellow and Deck Tan over the entire model. I then added the green bands with a mix of Tamiya Nato Green and Flat Green, followed by the brown, made with a blend of Tamiya Red Brown and Flat Red. I wanted an agressive combination of stripes and blotches, but wasn't sure I liked the pattern. After running it by several more seasoned builders, I decided to leave as is and proceed.

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

I just applied a couple coats of Games Workshop's Purity Seal in preparation for the washes and weathering, will build and install the Magic Tracks and MAYBE finish this beast. Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

I bet blending and weather will make it just right. Good eye Mike. What's the stuff you sealed it with?

Someone suggested using Games Workshop's Purity Seal, it's a satin clear finish, ready to paint over in one hour. It is a tad expensive, I paid more for a big spray can than Vince did for his Future, but have used it on my last four builds and the can still feels as heavy as it did when I started. I like the way the Filters flow over the Purity Seal and you can remove washes from areas you didn't want washed easily.

Thank you, Rob & Pavel! I'm still waiting on the wash, letting the base dry while working on my Tiger I. Should make some progress this week, don't have to work until afternoon all week!

Finally, back on "track"! It's another rainy Sunday in the Piedmont, so I hitched up the BDU's and started building the track sections. I cleaned all the Magic Track links, not a big job at all. The links click together easily and I started with 60, to wrap over the sprocket and complete the upper sections.

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

I then applied a liberal amount of Testors Liquid Cement to the back side of the sections and put them aside for about 15 minutes. That is enough time for the glue to set up, but for the links to remain flexible. The wheels, sprockets and returns are still loose, to allow adjustments and to be able to remove the tracks later. I wrapped the section over the sprockets and around the returns, allowing the weight of the track to sag naturally.

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

I plan to let these dry overnight and will remove them for painting. Still loads of washes, detailing, weathering and a base to come. At this rate, I might finish it by the deadline!! Thanks for looking, commentary/suggestions welcome!

Hi Mike ,

Great progress on Jagdpanther , looking forward to more !!!! :cheer:

Keep up the good work . Talk to you soon .

regards
JOEY

Thanks, everyone! Joey, great to hear from you, hope you are recovering from the dentistry! Tony, I was beginning to wonder if the last winter storm swallowed you up! Any progress on the Double Build??

Naaaa Mike,it's been cold and snow or cold and ice or cold and rain. This week might just be the beginning of spring and the temps are headed up. :woohoo:

I broke these two out just to stay busy.
100_0576.jpg

100_0574.jpg

You're doing yourself proud with this project I see. B)
Tony Lee :)

Good to have you back on the Forum, T!! Have you posted up the new works yet, besides here? If not, please do!!

Thank you Ruben! I appreciate the kind words! I have made NO progress in the last few days, hopefully back at it this coming week.

That's Mister Slacker to you, Rob! :lol: Not much progress, still haven't done any washes or weathering on the hull yet. Tracks turned out OK, need to fine tune some of the track sag.

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcome as always!

Back