• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Iron Mike's Jagdpanther

I just finished going through this entire blog from day one. I gotta tell you that is one impressive looking tank. As a fellow Panzernut and Carolina boy, that makes my heart skip a beat. Keep up the great work and don't rush it. Progress can be slow at times, but it's all worth it. I've been working on a early Tiger 1 since december and still haven't gotten the paint job done on it, just the primer. But I like what I've done so far. So keep plugging away at it at your own pace. You made me want to get to work on some PE as well. I've avoided it for a long time, just cause I'm afraid of having to bend all those little pieces and don't have a tool to do it with, just tweezers. Now I've got to get one (when I get home) and give it a try. I can't wait to see the finished product. Panzer Vor!!! Later tomater.

It is good to hear from you again, Chris! You are quite kind, I'm glad my build motivates you, that is the most sincere form of praise, in my opinion. Take care, stop back in!!

Bout time you got some work done. Jeesh. I thought I was gonna have to come down there and motivate you. lol. Seriously, great work so far. almost makes me want to build a tanky thing again. Almost.

I managed to squeeze in a little modeling today, spent most of the morning getting taxes done ( :angry: ) and had to have some auto repair done :( . Anyway, here's the beast with the first round of filter and tools in place.

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_2767.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

OK, so the last set of figures I painted didn't go too well, they are pretty tan for spring, but hey, I've only painted four so I'm bound to get better, right? :huh:
Here's the start, yes, I know they look like Oompa Loompas, but it's only a base coat.

IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2780.jpg

Laura said she likes black, but I had extra track mixture in the cup! Still a LOOONG way to go, but making progress daily. Comments, suggestions always welcome.

Mike, what can I add, looks like you got it well at hand. are you going to use oils or acrylics for the figures?

Thanks, guys! MP, I'm planning to go oils on these two, following the method Laura describes and hope mine turn out as well as yours did! Club night tonight, so I'll post more pix from there.

Progress has been slow coming lately, weather has been nice and have had other obligations, but I did manage to get a few of the extra bits together.

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

I used The Filter Ochre For Grey Sand to add the dusty rain streaks and MIG Productions Oil and Grease Stain mixture to weather the tow cables. I'm still working on the figs, seems to be the hardest part of a build for me. at least they don't look like Oompa Loompas anymore.

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

Pretty much at the end of vehicular construction, still have the odd dirt to add here and there, I'd still like to try a base to display on. Hmmmm......... :pinch:

About time. :woohoo: I just figured you ran her out of gas and abandoned it on the side of the road somewhere. :(

Stay with it bud ;)
Tony Lee :)

Great work Mike, the oompas would be a major intimidation factor cause they still freak me out.

You going to make a base?

Tony, don't think the idea didn't occur to me. Heck, that's what happened to a lot of the Jagdpanthers, but I can't just quit a build! Thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it! :drink

Bob, I will probably attempt a base, I've gone so far outside my "box" with this build, why not?? :lol: The Oopmas would be kind of scary at the front, wouldn't they??

Wow !

Now that is a nice looking Jagd Panther. It is great just the way it is now. But a little dust and mud here and there could make it beyond perfect (somehow ;) . Maybe you could ask Jenny for a little SBS on how to make muddy boot prints on the top like she did for her Night Panther :) .

Gary B)

Thanks Gary! I still have some mud to add, just don't want to get carried away. I'm going for a late spring, early summer, mostly dusty look.

Thank you, Joe! I wish I could crank them out like you do! How's the new job??

Minor Setback!

Having today off with no other commitments, I decided to finish this beastie! I think I'm satisfied with the figure and started to finish the weathering. I had taken her to our May club meeting and knocked one of the hatches off, so I put it in a nice safe place. :eek:hmy: So safe in fact, I CAN"T FIND IT! I've searched and searched to no avail! I dug back through my parts boxes, but have no replacement. :pinch: Any suggestions????

Maybe you could break something else and put it in a safe place for later :pinch: . Who knows what you will find :idonno .

Gary :unsure:

Great finish Mike,it really came together good.Makes me want to get started on my new DML Jagdpanther w/zimm

G Cooper wrote:
Maybe you could break something else and put it in a safe place for later :pinch: . Who knows what you will find :idonno .

Gary :unsure:

That's not as far fetched as it sounds, Gary. Once upon a time, I lost a wedding band, I knew I put it in my pocket, but there was a hole in that pocket and the ring was set free (NO, not THAT ring). Knowing what horrors awaited me should the precious be lost, I took my class ring outside where I took the other one off, put it in the same pocket, took one step and heard the ring hit the ground. After a brief search, the class ring had rolled up against the One(first)Ring. The Shire was saved!

Thank you, Raiderfan, I appreciate the support. Now if I could just find the blasted piece! D'oh!

Re:Minor Setback!

Iron Mike wrote:
Having today off with no other commitments, I decided to finish this beastie! I think I'm satisfied with the figure and started to finish the weathering. I had taken her to our May club meeting and knocked one of the hatches off, so I put it in a nice safe place. :eek:hmy: So safe in fact, I CAN"T FIND IT! I've searched and searched to no avail! I dug back through my parts boxes, but have no replacement. :pinch: Any suggestions????

Battle damage??

Back