• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IAR 81C

Beauty work as always my friend. What a great way to start my day. I love the detail you've added to the hubs.

I should stock up on albion alloy, but I jump scales so often that I don't know where to even start size-wise.

I'm at a total loss for words in describing the sheer awe I feel when watching this project take shape! Man, that is one outstanding paint job, and to see you re-putty and re-paint areas without overspray or anything... I just don't knwo what to say! I always have some overspray so I touch everything up with brush.

Once again, you've made my day with this outstanding, jaw-dropping update. Also, that's one nice gam on Lili! Way to go!

Thanks, everyone! Matt, those brake lines on the wheels hubs will get connected to the ones on the gear legs. More fun! I'll do some more detail-painting, and then it's weathering time. Once I get the engine painted to my satisfaction, I'll connect it to the front cowl and add the 7 vee-struts that will make a lovely zig-zag effect. Then I'll glue it to fuse for real and add another 7 struts there. Whew! When you see the aerial wires on, you'll know it's done!

Thanks, friends! Those brake lines are on and the wheels are glued in place. I can now add the retraction struts and start washes. I am thinking of dusty tan washes on the upper green, with some faint dark washes on the bottom. Stay tuned!

Thanks, Randy!

Well, I've had a lot of bench time, and Had some serious back and forth with this build! One thing I did realize was that I left poor Radu Brinzan out in the cold after he was nice enough to send me a set of his IAR 81C decals. What a dope I am! I did use them instead of the kit decals (which do look very nice, BTW) They were a treat to apply- judge for yourself.

I won't go into the issues with dullcoat blushing and bad material interactions, but it's all coming out in the wash. I had so many pics in my camera that I'm breaking it into two installments- here's Dodging Bullets, Part 1-

IAR_161.jpg

IAR_162.jpg

IAR_163.jpg

IAR_164.jpg

IAR_165.jpg

IAR_166.jpg

IAR_167.jpg

IAR_168.jpg

IAR_169.jpg

IAR_170.jpg

IAR_171.jpg

Magda_004.jpg

Darn Chuck . Too many positive things to talk about here.

1 . I like your solution to the brake lines.

2 . The Exhaust collector looks really good .

3 . Love the topside finish .

The more I use pigments, the better I like them . Need to get me more flavors :D

Beautiful machine (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Wonderful job Chuckw!...very nice effects with pigments (some day I will try :D )...love the exhaust painting :good:

Best!

Luiz

Excellent Chuck!

Your subtle weathering both before and after the pigments is very impressive! It is the difference between an average and a master modeler.

My congratulations! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Back