• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IAR 81C

Thanks, guys! I sometimes feel like I;m building this thing twice! Right now I'm slapping together a couple of sets of horns for the wife and I to wear tonight- and nice, easy "costume". I'll post a pic- promise!

lol I hear that - the home stretch will bring that peaceful, easy feeling - as the song says.

Thanks, guys!

While unemployment sucks, it has given me more time for fussing with this tiny little fighter. I've gotten out my Big Hammer and nailed down some nasty loose ends- and shot some paint at last!

IAR_135.jpg

IAR_136.jpg

IAR_137.jpg

IAR_138.jpg

IAR_139.jpg

IAR_140.jpg

IAR_141.jpg

IAR_142.jpg

IAR_143.jpg

IAR_144.jpg

IAR_145.jpg

IAR_146.jpg

Margo_005.jpg

This is coming down to the brass tacks,Chuk. You working in 48is inspirational to watch if anything. As for the Vallejo gray Poly primer, which I use mostly, I find it dries quicker if you thin it down about 40%. It takes less time to out gas and then you can paint right over it. This is about 20 minutes or so. plus you don't loose any of the self leveling capabilities.\

I use either X-20A or the Vallejo proprietary thinner in the 60 ml bottle.

Fine art, all of it, excellent stuff (y)

I hope you won't mind me pointing out one mistake though - it's not the plane, it's a typo - the correct word is LOCOTENENT - obviously Lieutenant. You wrote it as Lecotenent, we want everything about Margo to be as perfect as her ...ummmm.... assistance with this great model of yours :D

Laurence

Wonderful update as usual Chuck! (y) :notworthy

Have seen the Vallejo primer used now in several builds, I guess I will have to get some and try it out. The comment about the thinner really helps Paul w! :notworthy

Holy hell Chuck, you weren't kidding about it being tiny - the photo with the cotton swab really shows its size. I need to start making some jigs like that for my builds.

Thanks, everyone! Glad you all like legs! Um, THE legs. You know! ;)

Thanks for that tip, Paul- I'll put it to good use!

Also, thanks to Laurence for correcting Margo's rank- thank you!

I may focus on a few other bits before going to color. I've gotten feedback on the sinner, adn it made me search for more pics of "Nina." I was surprised to find several, and my paint job seems a bit crude. The spiral in the new photos is somewhat uneven in the thick-and-thin nature of the lines, but the demarcation is fairly smooth. The spiral is in no way as perfect as some printed decals look! Needless to say, I'll have to fix the blotchy nature of my effort.

I've also been pondering the sway braces for the wing racks- I'm willing to bet Nina had 'em. I also believe the name was only painted on the port side, so that's easy. I have pics of wheel chocks, plus the use of a nice Luftwaffe-style ladder in use. I'll copy that from the Eduard etched release in their Bf110 sets but from brass wire- soldering time! There is also a light-colored area on the turtledeck behind the headrest. At least one Romanian modeler has painted this as underside blue. It would be covered by the canopy frame when all buttoned up. I got most of this info from a 1/72 build thread at Forum Machete.

All this new info has me puzzling, but I'll work it out- cheers!

Thanks, Warren! I added a bunch of little details to the forward under-fuselage yesterday. I also managed to pull off the propeller blades without incident. I really am building this thing twice! :gogo

Back