• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IAR 81C

Thanks everybody! I managed to squeeze this update in in between signing books. ;) We also had a pipe crack in our side alley- turns out it was the electrical ground for the house! never heard of using a water pipe for that but apparently it's a thing. That necessitated pulling out the 6-foot Rubbermaid vertical shed that the pipe was in the shadow of, plus it's contents and a tone junk that's been piling up on the side of the house. It's all nice and neat now- Marc and I put it all to rights once the plumber had fixed the leak.

I know, I know- "Nice Rack" was a less-than-creative title but ;) what the hey?

Moon, I really like the paste- got it on Amazon. I forsee a lot of PE getting soldered with that stuff. :D.

Well, back to the freelance storyboard grind! :good:

Really nice job there Chuck! My experience with Zap POP on electrical is usually WTF fried and how broke is it. Really scary when building a new computer and one of the electrlytic caps blows up because the factory installed it backwords. :gogo

Freakin' Awesome Chuck!!!

Can't wait to see it finished! Love your little Luftwaffe blond chick!

I noticed your Mattel Vacu-form machine! I had one of those since the 70s. I loaned it to a dude and he moved out of state with it! I'll never see it again! :-( A really handy little device!

Bob

Sorry to hear that Bob! I got mine as a birthday present waaay back in the beginning. Have all the parts to it still as well as the original box and a couple of the original plastic sheets. I am major picky with my tools, NO ONE gets to use them but me. Keeps it simple. :D

Nice rack eh
bouncy.gif
Beauty Chuck, and the plane ain't lookin none to bad either ( I know, old cliche :smack )
:drinks

Thanks everybody! I managed to squeeze this update in in between signing books. ;) We also had a pipe crack in our side alley- turns out it was the electrical ground for the house! never heard of using a water pipe for that but apparently it's a thing. That necessitated pulling out the 6-foot Rubbermaid vertical shed that the pipe was in the shadow of, plus it's contents and a tone junk that's been piling up on the side of the house. It's all nice and neat now- Marc and I put it all to rights once the plumber had fixed the leak.

I know, I know- "Nice Rack" was a less-than-creative title but ;) what the hey?

Moon, I really like the paste- got it on Amazon. I forsee a lot of PE getting soldered with that stuff. :D.

Well, back to the freelance storyboard grind! :good:

Man, you guys just can't catch a break can you?

Awesome update buddy. I might just give this whole soldering thing a crack one day.

Thanks, everybody!
bouncy.gif
Whoo-hoo!

Man, I swear that I will beat this thing into a single unit if it kills me! :laugh: Here's magda- just in time for Halloween!

IAR_124.jpg

IAR_125.jpg

IAR_126.jpg

IAR_127.jpg

IAR_128.jpg

IAR_129.jpg

IAR_130.jpg

IAR_131.jpg

IAR_132.jpg

IAR_133.jpg

IAR_134.jpg

Magda_03.jpg

It is coming along well Chuck! Really like your workspace! The daylight and large windows are a wonderful thing! (y)

Glad you found your part, I thought only watchmakers tended to get on their knees and pray to the parts god. :D

I feel downright silly for the size of my workbenches now, thanks Chuck.

Beautiful update - that's almost the same problem I have with my MDC Typhoon, but I can't quite figure out in which dimension it's gone wrong - plus the resin is actually really solid and hard, it's going to take forever to Chuk-ify

MasterChukw

Excelent craftmanship,as always (y) ... Great solutions,very inspiring for me :coolio

:drinks

Luiz

Wow Chuck! Remind me not to post an update when you do. My work is so lame compared to this! And I have no hot chicks to keep me motivated either! I know how you feel about two steps forward, one step back. In my case lately, (despite the latest updates) it's been one step forward, two steps back!

Maybe Magda doesn't like the instrument panel because of all the power running into it makes her fangs itch. Just a thought.

Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see more!

Thought I had posted my accolades. :hmmm Oh well, another awesome update Chuck Incredible the amount of work and detail you put into a model. Just staggers my mind. Oh and the Vamp is looking pretty good too :D
James

Thanks, guys! I sometimes feel like I;m building this thing twice! Right now I'm slapping together a couple of sets of horns for the wife and I to wear tonight- and nice, easy "costume". I'll post a pic- promise!

Back