• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hellcat for Hell in the Pacific

I'm done

Hellcat32.jpg

Started with Vallejo Black pigments and worked the smoke line over the wing going with the air flow. Then came in with...dang..can't remember the name, one of the browns and feathered it in, I tried to get Slate color up front right at the exhaust but for some reason it just wound not stick. Then I did a flat coat over it to seal it, and the lighter brown disappeared. So I hit it with the light brown again and left it. Someone tell me how to seal it without loosing the color and i"ll do it.

Hellcat33.jpg

Hellcat34.jpg

Hellcat35.jpg

Hellcat36.jpg

Whata Mess!

Hellcat37.jpg

Got an outside view, course when I got set up, cloud moved in.

Hope you like it, I'm moving on...:soldier

My Hellcat photos are too late. Maybe you need some of the Wildcat, the museum had an FM-2.

Regards,

Hellcat32.jpg

Started with Vallejo Black pigments and worked the smoke line over the wing going with the air flow. Then came in with...dang..can't remember the name, one of the browns and feathered it in, I tried to get Slate color up front right at the exhaust but for some reason it just wound not stick. Then I did a flat coat over it to seal it, and the lighter brown disappeared. So I hit it with the light brown again and left it. Someone tell me how to seal it without loosing the color and i"ll do it.

Well OK lets see...The Slate color pigment;...could be the brand of pigment you are using.Some brands of pigments are just better then others.[it's like some brands of paint are just better then others]

It's wise to do a flat coat first before using pigments,pigments works best on flat coats.

There is no need to seal with a flat coat over the pigments,your pigments might disappear like they did now in this case.
Best thing to seal pigments permanently is by using a pigment fixer,AK and MIG productions are good ones if you are confidant enough with pigments.[shake the bottles very well before use].If you are not sure with your pigment work, use enamel thinners,so you CAN remove it and try again.If you use a proper pigment fixer that's not possible.

Hey that's a fine looking bird MP! (y) :notworthy

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks for the feedback Ron, I may try mixing some enamel thinner. Seems that the Slate color Vallejo pigment is the one causing me grief. Doesn't blend like the other colors do and just sort of balls up when trying to apply it like i did the black and the brown. Guess I could have airbrushed this...

OK, if you are absolutely sure you are done with this, I'll go ahead and state that I think this came out great and I really like your weathering. (y) (y) Now don't mess with me and decide to do more :gogo

Gary the only thing I would like to see is more of that ashy look around the exhaust and have it feather out. But it's time to put this to bed. Thanks for following! :mpup

Back