• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D *FINISHED*

This will be my entry, a kit which I built many years ago and seem to remember was quite straightforward. It'll be more-or-less out-of-box, except for markings, which will be for a ROCAF plane.

1K_4047.jpg

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

It does fall together, one of my all-time favourite 1:72 kits.

Ian.

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

Cool :popcorn :D

Could you please add a picture of the open box with a time date stamp? A cell phone beside it or the date at the bottom of the page would do. Its one of the few rules. Thanks.

James

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

Cool :popcorn :D

Could you please add a picture of the open box with a time date stamp? A cell phone beside it or the date at the bottom of the page would do. Its one of the few rules. Thanks.

James

Of course, I'll do that ASAP. Could you post a link to the rules, please, so I can check out the requirements. :drinks

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

This is the short and sweet version https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/call-to-arms-iii/152296-cta3-coming-soon?start=48#279749

I appologise as I'm slacking off, I'll make a full thread with campaign rules shortly. For some reason I thought there was one.

Anyways the reason we went with the start up pics was because in the past we have had people or companies sponsor a build. It just made it fair to make sure noone started before the start date and get an unfair advantage.
In this case we would like the start up pictures but unlike other campaigns we take the completed builds at the end of the 4 months and put them in a hat and start pulling awards, and this campaign costs $10.00 US minimum with all proceeds going to cancer research.

James

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

Thanks guys. I intend this to be a straightforward, non-AMMS build (I've just completed a particularly difficult and frustrating model and I need something to de-stress with...). I've started cleaning up some of the smaller undercarriage parts and will post pics when there's something to look at.

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

Made a bit of progress on the Sabre. Cockpit is done, it's pretty much out-of-box except for the seat harness and the yellow ejection handles. Harness is wine bottle foil and some spare Eduard buckles.

IMG_4087.jpg

The intake trunking is fairly narrow but with a blanked-off end. Intake is painted silver with a gradated black so it (hopefully) disappears into shadow when looking inside. I'm fairly sure those ejector-pin marks won't be too visible either.

1K_4089.jpg

And most of the undercarriage is painted. I hate doing all the little stuff at the end so I do as much as possible to get it out of the way first.

1K_4093.jpg

The drop tanks went together nicely, just a bit of filling at the fins.

1K_4097.jpg

Back