• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D *FINISHED*

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

I'm constantly impressed with how clean your work is. What airbrush are you using?

Thanks, ausf. I use an Iwata HP-B and an HP-C.

Whew. I was afraid you were going to say a $15 brush off of eBay that came with 20 needles and a compressor. If that was the case, I'd start quilting r something. :D

Good choice. I've had the same BC2 since 1986 (not used for models until the 2000s) and have added an AH and TH over the last few years. Great brushes.

I'm not an AC modeler, so I'm always impressed by the way you guys lay down paint on a smooth, yet detailed, surface. I'm impressed with car modelers too, but they also sand a lot where you guys don't have that option.

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

Good choice. I've had the same BC2 since 1986 (not used for models until the 2000s) and have added an AH and TH over the last few years. Great brushes.

I did have one like that which I bought off eBay. Let;s just say I got what I paid for ;)

Moving slowly ahead. The wheel wells have been painted.

1K_4127.jpg

Then I did some pre-shading. I'm personally not a fan of the pre-shade-every-panel-line look, so I aimed for something a bit more random and (hopefully) organic looking. A few hard edges, some soft, some bigger areas of black etc.

1K_4128.jpg

1K_4129.jpg

Of course it still looks absolutely ridiculous at this stage. :eek:hmy:

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

Problem with showing the quality of work you do, I'm going to pester you with questions... :hmmm

Did you use tape or a hard edge to mask the panels?

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

Then I did some pre-shading. I'm personally not a fan of the pre-shade-every-panel-line look, so I aimed for something a bit more random and (hopefully) organic looking. A few hard edges, some soft, some bigger areas of black etc.

1K_4129.jpg

Of course it still looks absolutely ridiculous at this stage. :eek:hmy:

That looks like a very interesting 'variation on a theme'... I'll give that a go m'self.

Ian.

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

Problem with showing the quality of work you do, I'm going to pester you with questions... :hmmm

Did you use tape or a hard edge to mask the panels?

Thanks for the compliment :) I'm happy to answer any questions I can. I used tape to mask off hard edges, and sprayed some lines freehand.

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

I like the hard edge also. I never can do a preshade well, I guess I'm too heavy handed on the top coat.

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

The main paint is now on, and I've removed the masking from the white areas so it's beginning to look like it should.

1K_4132.jpg

1K_4133.jpg

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

Thanks guys. Last night I managed to get the oil panel-lines pin wash done. A mix of grey and brown with just a touch of blue.

1K_4140.jpg

1K_4135.jpg

1K_4137.jpg

Decalling is underway on the Sabre...
dogrun_zpsqyfhkkbu.gif
...Dog.

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

Thanks James and Christian :good:

Well, it's finished, my first Campaign on MA. It's a great little kit, although I'm not entirely happy with it – wish I'd spent a bit more time checking the fit of the canopy which in retrospect might have been better displayed in the open position. Having said that, this kit has been in my stash for several years so it's nice to have finally built it.

1K_4148.jpg

1K_4150.jpg

1K_4154.jpg

1K_4161.jpg

1K_4163.jpg

Back