• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Happy Thanksgiving in US

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Hope everyone has time to reflect on their many blessings.
@jknaus and @RichB You guys just go ahead and cook another bird and join in with us. Better yet, hop a fight and pull up a chair.

The metric system line LOL/

1700740963761.png

:salute:

Indeed, many things to be thankful just in this site. I wish all a Great Thanksgiving Day!

I remember the first time I had candied yams with marshmallows while at a field station in Bimini in '98.

They were different but tasty!

We wish you the happiest of Thanksgivings, my treasured friends! May gratefulness and peace be yours for many days to come.
20231122_194637.jpg20231123_103159.jpg
My traditional contribution to our family's Thanksgiving. My Gramma Rhiner's peach cake.

My youngest cooked her first Thanksgiving Dinner! Her mother (ex#2) and I were both there as well as Daughter #1, granddaughter #1 and assorted boy friends. I was a hit and I give it a 95!

Dessert was with step daughter and SWMBO's side of the equation. Hmmmmmmm Yum!

Sugar this AM was 168 so I wasn't THAT bad of a boy yesterday.

Now comes the month from HELL, four birthdays and Christmas!

I had a very quiet Thanksgiving, Just me, myself, and I. Talked to my daughter and just didn't do much anything for the day.

I think the headcount was about 28 this year.
Holly molly, that's an ambitious house full to be sure! It must have been joyous!
7 of us gathered. It was intimate and real pleasant.
My giant, morbidly obese step-niece was absent. My sister's fashionable furniture went uncrushed or shattered this season.

My question to all y'all is what are you thankful for?
I'll start.
(No politickin' or religion stuff, per 'site guidelines. If you believe in such things)

My cheerful, lovey Sweetie. She pumps me up after every shitty workday at my drug-abuser riddled job.
She tries to seem interested in every bit of modelling I proudly show her, even when she cain't really see what it is, or understands what it is for.
Imagine what that is like?

The liberty and security the men and wimmin of The Service sacrifice so much to provide for us all, everyday. Even as we sleep.

As I sit with a heat register under my desk blowing on my feet, in clean pajamas with a steaming hot cup of coffee, I am grateful for a comfortable, imperfect life.
image000000(18).jpg
Our families. As the Old Ones Take their Trip Up to Heaven, smaller, stinkier, (?!) slobberier people arrive to show us that Life is truly a great cycle.

Beloved friends with varying degrees of sanity that make this right here life more fun and more interesting than I ever imagined possible. You know who you are.

Boobs. Breasts, Tits, Bazooms, Brown-nosed Puppies, Major league Yahbos, Personal Floatation Devices, Mud flaps......etc.
Where, prithee, would any of us be without the most diverse, obvious and interesting of feminine features? (NO Pictures!)
You didn't expect this whole thing to serious and sappy didja?!

Our hobby. These are halcyon days for model makers. Almost any subject in a plethora of scales can be had to fill the void in even the most esoteric craftsman's collection. Model manufacturers know we are all aging. They continue to produce larger scale subjects for older eye-bobbers to complete in a satisfying fashion. I think most of these companies have over-estimated the disposable income we possess to purchase such, expensive, giant model kits, except for Paul. I KNOW they think our houses must be bigger than they are, except for John Eaton's new Model Barn!

WHO is next?

I'm thankful I'm still here this year. After the recurrence of the heart issues and the blow out from the aftermath that nearly took me out I know how lucky I was, again.

Thankful Cindy has made a near full recovery from her broken knee, her confidence is still shaken and I do think she has some PTSD (She doesn't like that term being used but you don't have to be shot at to have it) from the ordeal.

Thankful for the mean blessings we have had for her to now be retired and enjoying life and thankful I'm now 100% work from home.

Well I had surgery on my left thigh up into my keester last Thursday. (This is not the first idiot doctor that half assed the job back in 2012)

Was at a point where it had to happen as the small tub of fat buried inside had become unreasonably large and was causing problems. The possible outcomes were "Everything is great and it will never come back with no problems" to "Oops cut the nerve in your leg and it won't work right again".
So straight up after waking up left leg "sort of worked". My foot and 1/2+ of the calf were dead numb and had about 30% muscle control in my foot. Doc told me about the operation and said the feeling should be back within 3 months. Well it is what it is and my experiences have been "Yeah Right, you wanna sell me some bottom land too?"
So actually slept pretty well and woke up the next morning to find my foot was working at about 90%! The numbness was trying to go away, and etc.
So, today a week and a day later, leg feels and acts exactly like it did before with the exception of my BIG RED LINE area. The pain is getting better, it only mostly aches now and will see the doc for a follow up next Tuesday. Got to see my daughter for a couple of days while she was here. Went back to work today and have a great job with wonderful people, and I don't have to retire until I want to.

Plus I don't have a "War Department" to nag, harass, and do a whole host of other grievances to me in my off time. (been there done that have the battle scars)
Also for the first time in decades I don't have a storage unit costing me and have my old bug under my roof so it can be tweaked back up to my intended final showroom condition.

Finally I am forever grateful for this group of ornery guys that share my hobby of collecting and building model kits.

Last edited:
So many things, so little space.

My Wife: She saved me with her love and patience after my last tour, has helped manage my health care, and tries to. keep me on the straight and narrow following my Heart Attack. She has cared for me and nursed me through series of illnesses, feeds me somewhat healthy food, loves me (in spite of myself) and keeps a cozy, comfortable home for us. She encourages me in our hobby and always tells me what a fine job I have done (God but she lies good)

My Children: I was a terrible father. When Uncle Sam rattled the sabre and sounded the bugle I ran to the sound. Thirty-two years, five deployments and 40 or so countries in the US, Caribbean, Europe, Africa, and SW Asia. My children paid th price for my service. I missed my children growing up and didn't see my son for 25 years. I thank God everyday for them being in my life.

The USAF: I have seen the sun rise and set from California to Iraq and from Darkest Africa to the Fareo Islands. And I got paid for this travel! I learned and experienced so much during my service (I should write a book).

My HS Coaches: I learned what "normal" should be, by observing and working with these fine people. My father was not a shining example of what a dad should be and my mom was an enabler. Sadly both drank too much.

Everyday I wake up and drift off to sleep thankful for the blessingsI have in my life.

Back