• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grrrrrrrrrrrumman

Great fading effects,Chris :good:

Luiz

Thanks Mike , James, Luiz . As an after though I would try this affect with paint that I'm not that familiar with .

This wear and tear would have been easier to do with Tamiya paint . Oh well :idonno The experiment goes on .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank Bill.. :good: Ian .. :idonno

Putting the colors up . Have to let it dry as I already had to replace a blue dot :(

bear_colors_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Still fooling around with decals . The Sword provided one are a total bust.

Amazing how many bad decals are out there.

Bear_decals_001a.jpg

Thankfully the aftermarket ones are very good . Only problem being that the fin flash was too short, so Im having to paint one on . I guess the decals were meant for the Monogram kit :idonno

Bear_decals_002a.jpg

Unfortunately, I have not been able to match the colors :frantic

Cheers, Christian B)

Been away busy with other things this past month. Thought I'd peak in and see how things were going?

This is looking great Chris! Sorry to hear the decals are giving you :stinker

I'd hate to agree with you, but I think you're right that the blue dot looks a bit dark for the French Roundel.

Would it be easy to fix? if not, I;d leave it!

Been away busy with other things this past month. Thought I'd peak in and see how things were going?

This is looking great Chris! Sorry to hear the decals are giving you :stinker

I'd hate to agree with you, but I think you're right that the blue dot looks a bit dark for the French Roundel.

Would it be easy to fix? if not, I;d leave it!

Thanks for checking in Warren . The Berna decal instructions show the 2nd Squadron commander's bird flying the colors .
There are others showing the much lighter blue centers . It's in French, so I'm hopping they knew what they were talking about :laugh: They also provided the alternate color dots .

My problem was with the flash being too short in height . The decals are quite good but appear to be made for the old Monogram bird.

My other problem was with the Sword decals when I tried to use a part of them .Pure trash.

The decals are all on now . I have been severely hampered the last six weeks but hope to post some progress tomorrow.

Cheers, Christian B)

Here I've been dealing with witch doctors ( pharmacists ) and gangsters ( Ebay ) all morning and you think I've had bench time before 10 AM ( savage ! )

Sorry Dave. I'm just old and slow . Besides I'm being pulled in many directions . ( not a rubber band ). :S

But it's on the to do list.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back