• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grrrrrrrrrrrumman

Looks excellent :) great technique. The people that make that bare metal foil make a small bottle of perspex/plastic polish which works well on clear parts.

Thanks Warren , James , Bob , Dave , Paul , Paddy, Chris for the nice comments and the many good suggestions .

I feel sure that any of them would have worked under the right condition .

What was really needed was the nerve to do what I knew would work for my circumstances.

What you see in the picture is what I actually used .

Bear_windscreen_001a.jpg

The windscreen had been dipped in future and the overspray came from the Tamiya rattle can silver ( lacquer ).

I just lightly dampened the brush in the Gunze thinner and lightly rubbed inside the windscreen ( carefully ) and in short order, everything was gone down to the plastic.

Reapplied a coat of Future inside and out . I'm going to apply some flat clear to the frame as soon as this dries a bit.

Of course the windscreen frame still looks worn. I meant for it to stay that way :)

Cheers, Christian B)

The biggest trick is getting to it. I didn't have that option on the Buffalo. :bang head

great save Chris (y)

I totally agree. That was the main reason for my choice.

Very little motion involed and no colateral damadge. Glad I was able to pull it off.

Cheers, Christian B)

Don't know how I missed this one! Looks really beat and battered Chris, nice effects!

:drinks

Some of the others look even worse :frantic

Not a problem Mike > As slow as I am will still be a while longer. Main struts are in But I nee to make a few parts for them.

Cheers, Christian B)

While waiting on the Yak paint to show up, Grumman Iron Works has been busy with the bear .

The custom made landing gear has been fitted and installed .

I had to make a few more parts for it and It's missing parts that I don't feel comfortable trying to make in this scale ( I'll try to share more on this latter )

Bear_gear_006a.jpg

More pieces and antennas tomorrow ( about a hundred )

It's starting to look like a Bear

Anyhow, enjoy , I sure am .Cheers, Christian B)

Anyhow, it's starting to look like a Bear

Thanks Luiz , Mike , Bob , Dave . I definitely need encouragement with this one . It's been in work forever.

As you may notice , as small as this bird is it is impossible to get a descent background shot and a descent field of view at the same time.

Bear_beauty_shots_004a.jpg

Yes Bob all these birds sit with air intake covers on. Besides there is nothing worth while behind the plug.
Even though it's a resin mould :bang head

This bird would look descent if i would of had a better plan for the antenna mount :tomato

Oh well, I'll have to remove that and com up with something better

Bear_beauty_shots_003a.jpg

Bear_beauty_shots_001a.jpg

Bear_beauty_shots_002a.jpg

Thanks Luiz , Mike , Bob , Dave . I definitely need encouragement with this one . It's been in work forever.

As you may notice , as small as this bird is it is impossible to get a descent background shot and a descent field of view at the same time.

Bear_beauty_shots_004a.jpg

Yes Bob all these birds sit with air intake covers on. Besides there is nothing worth while behind the plug.
Even though it's a resin mould :bang head

This bird would look descent if i would of had a better plan for the antenna mount :tomato

Oh well, I'll have to remove that and com up with something better

Bear_beauty_shots_003a.jpg

Bear_beauty_shots_002a.jpg

https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10329/Bear_beauty_shots_001a.jpg[/img

Ok,.no idea how all this got so screwwed upand I don't have a clue how to fix it either :rotf

Cheersrs, Christian B)

Back