• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grrrrrrrrrrrumman

Here's a couple quick one for you Dave since you're paying attention :laugh:

All the decals for Limousin are on. Still need a dash of clear before I press on .

Bear_update_001a.jpg

I also made the lower kick step ( a la Chuck ) since it disappeared in the building process .

Next, I looked at the kit landing gear and decided I was not crazy about the fat girl legs provided and though I would prefer to modify the Monogram struts and use some wheels from a Cobra CO. which are an improvement over the kit as well.

Bear_update_002a.jpg

Work has started but it's gonna be a bit before it's installed or longer if someone else demands my attention :frantic

Back to modeling. Cheers, Christian B) ( I hope )

Thank Luiz not much to add, Just been working on the last bit for the gear. Should be ready to paint in AM

bear_gear001a.jpg

The gear legs have been cleaned and modified . Redy to paint in the AM.

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking good Chris. How will you tone down the markings? I have read of lightly sanding them but never tried it.
James

Thanks Bob, Tim , Luiz , Mike and James . Seems like it's been forever since I have had this one out .

Pesky Russians :fencing

Anyhow, that's where it's at. Not much progress . The markings have been toned down but somewhere along the line I managed to get paint speckles on the windscreen and can't get them off . Guess they
ll just have to pass for bug splatters...

Bear_paint_update_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Very impressive Chris!...very nice effects :good:

Luiz

Thanks Luiz . Fun project actually . Would have been more fun if I had done it before and knew what I was doing but how else can I learn :idonno

Unfortunately there are some small parts that are still fighting me . I'll figure it out.

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking good Chris. How will you tone down the markings? I have read of lightly sanding them but never tried it.
James

I have head of sanding decals james but more with the though of wearing them out.

Toning the decals down was accomplished with a light misting of sea blue gloss and then some Vietnam pigments.

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks really good. (y) Did you try Flitz to get the paint off the windscreen?

I believe that would do it Mike but it would require removing the windscreen and I don't feel like it.

Otherwise the IP will most like get damaged......Oh well , but stains are quite a las natural :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

glad to see you still at this Christian!

On my first glance at your fading/weathering effects, I thought they looked like painted over German crosses!

Very cool effect!

:popcorn

. The markings have been toned down but somewhere along the line I managed to get paint speckles on the windscreen and can't get them off . Guess they
ll just have to pass for bug splatters...

I feel your pain, wish my splatters were on the wind screen instead of the canopy, might have pulled off silver bug splatters.

OOOOooooohhh!!! Thatsch Niische!! (y) :ro: :dude :good: :notworthy
A shop-worn VC slayer!! Impressive, as always! :pilot

Back