• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grrrrrrrrrrrumman

Hi Ya Randy :good:

I was starting to wonder where my bear had wondered off to :hmmm

Ok, some small updates.

I have chosen to let this paint cure some more just see how crazy it would get.

ar_196_001a.jpg

Visible but only in some areas and not in others. It looks more like paint separation than cracks.

Not really sure what caused it. Perhaps did not quite give the rattle can paint enough time to cure completely or it could be the color of eagles paint not totally happy with the Future and thinner mix.

Anyhow, a coat of Vallejo/Future mix did not totally cover it up , so I decided to strip .

Much to my surprise pure Windex failed to affect it . That goes to show you that my mix of Acrylic paints and Future make for a tough coat of paint.

My next step . Tamiya X-20A , brush and paper towel ... Matter of seconds :soldier

Bear_paint_troubles_002a.jpg

Quite controllable and it did not harm the rattle can silver .

Bear_paint_troubles_003a.jpg

Possible lesson here is that the Tamiya thinner might be good usable for those extremely ragged Japanese birds.

Back to the wash rack for this one :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi Ya Randy :good:

I was starting to wonder where my bear had wondered off to :skipper

Ok, some small updates.

I have chosen to let this paint cure some more just see how crazy it would get.

Bear_paint_troubles_001a.jpg

Visible but only in some areas and not in others. It looks more like paint separation than cracks.

Not really sure what caused it. Perhaps I did not give the rattle can paint enough time to cure completely or it could be the color of eagles paint not totally happy with the Future and thinner mix.

Anyhow, a coat of Vallejo/Future mix did not totally cover it up , so I decided to strip .

Much to my surprise pure Windex failed to remove it . That goes to show you that my mix of Acrylic paints and Future make for a tough coat of paint.

My next step . Tamiya X-20A , brush and paper towel ... Matter of seconds :soldier

Bear_paint_troubles_002a.jpg

Quite controllable and it did not harm the rattle can silver .

Bear_paint_troubles_003a.jpg

Possible lesson here is that the Tamiya thinner might be of use for those extremely ragged Japanese birds.

Back to the wash rack for this one :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

Damn thats strange :popcorn

I have to admit it is. I have never seen this before.

C.O.E paints were not on the market for long but I liked their pre-lightened shade when I first started out with the Acrylics. Don't use them for much now.

Could be the reason. Don't know :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, let's update the Bear :good:

Buffed the silver with some fine sandpaper . Washed it and mixed up some zinc chromate green using the vallejo ZC green.

They are way off on that color and mine turned out too dark .

bearcat__zinc_002a.jpg

Buffed it out again to get some imperfections out and scribed some lines that were too shallow

This time I mixed a drop of Vallejo panzer gray and some yellow and it came out much closer . Still a bit dark.

bearcat__zinc_003a.jpg

I think it will be Ok :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, let's update the Bear :good:

Buffed the silver with some fine sandpaper . Washed it and mixed up some zinc chromate green using the vallejo ZC green.

They are way off on that color and mine turned out too dark .

bearcat__zinc_002a.jpg

Buffed it out again to get some imperfections out and scribed some lines that were too shallow

This time I mixed a drop of Vallejo panzer gray and some yellow and it came out much closer . Still a bit dark.

bearcat__zinc_003a.jpg

I think it will be Ok :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

:pilot

Thanks Matrix . Not too difficult :)

Catted around with some Vallejo paint tonight . Looks like a good shad .

Cat_paint_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

I always thought the Hellcats and the Corsairs were some cool looking planes. Especially when Baa Baa Black Sheep was on TV.

Tim

Thanks Luiz . A good bit different than Tamiya but it works .

I have to admit though that even with 30% Future mixed with the paint, Gloss sea blue did not come out very glossy :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Back