• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Group Build Ribbon Descriptions

Re: Group Build Badges

Which one you looking for? Generally the code is provided on the specific Campaign you completed.

Yeah I tried to get a ribbon back on my signature, Roberto, but when you try to get the appropriate ribbon the whole lot comes up as one picture

Say no more, say no more! :mpup

Tell ya what, I'll try to make an article for the front page where you can click on the ribbon you need and it will give you the code you have to add to your profile. I can't make it add to your profile automatically, I just ain't that good a code junky (remember, you get what you pay for here :mpup )

Dang we do have the Coldwar stuff...Sorry John, guess I wasn't paying attention at the last briefing.

I'll update the Campaigns with the right codes.

thanks John! :mpup

Only need to fix the BoB ribbon - for some reason it has uploaded it in lower case bob_ribbon.png instead of BoB_ribbon.png

I can't see any list of descriptions anywhere.

This is probably too much work to implement, but what about setting things up so that when you place your cursor over a ribbon, it pops up the name of that ribbon. I see so many and I have no idea what they are and since I cannot see the list of descriptions, I don't know what everyone has done.

Just my two cents; it would be cool to see this done, but I understand it probably takes more than I expect it to.

Right click on the ribbon, "copy image location" then place that in a post and ask what ribbon that is.

What you're asking for Mark is a lot of work and to be frank, I'd rather spend it at the bench than doing that. Just ask buddy. :mpup

OK I've updated the list on the first post here. Has all the ribbons there. IF I have time I'll try and link them to the original Campaigns they are associated with.

Right click on the ribbon, "copy image location" then place that in a post and ask what ribbon that is.

What you're asking for Mark is a lot of work and to be frank, I'd rather spend it at the bench than doing that. Just ask buddy. :mpup

Thanks MP. I'll do that. I figured it would be a lot of work and I don't blame you for not want8g to do it. Workbench time is always better.

trucking.png

torpedo.png

iraq_war_1.png

SOML.png

MMM2016.png

copters.png

New batch of ribbons from Dave, thanks bud! :drink

Got any question about what they are ask up, you know how to earn them. :soldier

BTW,

mbt_ribbon.png

This is for Main Battle tank, this is the last unused ribbon our buddy John Marcus created before he lost his battle with cancer. To John... :drinks

What I have always thought would be nice would be to have a thread that listed all the group builds, the dates of the build and show the ribbon.

Like this:

Shipbuilders
No time frame, ongoing
ship_ribbon.png

To End All Wars
Any WWI Subject
Start: Jan 31, 2014
End: 11:00 AM Nov 11, 2018
WWI_100.png

Show Your Junk
Any Junkers aircraft, any era
Start: Sept 1,2015
End: Aug 31, 2016
junk_ribbon_15.png

Each thread entry could be by year and show those ribbons for that year. There are a lot of ribbons that folks have that I personally have no clue what they are. I would love to be able to try and earn them through a deja vu build with the same rules. This would help with that and would also explain what a lot of the ribbons are. At this point it would probably take a bit of effort to set up, but once done would be easy to maintain.
Of course special ribbons like the Micro Modeller Month, The Cure for Cancer, and Get The Boy a Service Dog wouldn't get redos, But a lot of the others could be interesting to visit again.

Back