• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German Pz.Kpfm KV-2 754 (r)

Thanks, fellas! This one hits the back burner to simmer a bit while I finish a couple other builds that have closer deadlines, but I'm ready to put the final details together and call it kaput. :drinks

Thank you, my friends! Bench time has been scarce lately, did manage to mock up some tow chains and the tools for this giant. What do you think? The chain is from Elefant Model Accessories and the shackles are from RB. The bolts are threaded and come with a nut, makes installation really easy!

IMG_4971.JPG

IMG_4974.JPG

I'll dunk them in Blacken It to weather them out.

IMG_4972.JPG

IMG_4973.JPG

Hoping to find some time this weekend to weather the rest of it. Thanks for looking! (y) :drinks

Couple more pix of the parts before I assemble the other side.

IMG_4975.JPG

IMG_4976.JPG

More later!!

Mike_Wazowski.jpg

Hi Mike ,
Just got home from work !!! :eek:hmy:

Great looking job on the KV2 & the tow shackles are outstanding , NICE Touch !!!

best regards
JOEY

Looks mighty fine,Mike! (y) (y)

Hey,did you know that you placed the horseshoe in the correct way?! :woohoo:
That is with the opening facing up,so the good luck would not flow away....
On the other hand;I have seen pictures from the real stuff with the horseshoe upside-down... :laugh:

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Ron, Tim, Joey and Andy! I appreciate your stopping by to check it out! Calling the build complete, on to the crew next.

IMG_5030.JPG

The base is a piece of cherry I've had squirreled away in the shed with a sheet of Plastruct cobblestone.

IMG_5028.JPG

IMG_5031.JPG

IMG_5033.JPG

IMG_5032.JPG

IMG_5029.JPG

This was a fun build, the kit is well made and it was fun adding the captured color scheme to the mix. Check out the Fall Figure Fest for a good laugh at my figure painting skills (or lack thereof!!) on the crew. :drinks

Back