• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German Pz.Kpfm KV-2 754 (r)

MIKE,

Great work !! Those M.G. barrels are SEXY !! Now that's a P.E. set !!

Yeah Dood ! Keep up th great work !!

Nice Cans Man ..... :drinks :drinks :drinks

:erik

Hey, thanks fellas! I got to the paint stage today, not sure I like what I did. This trying new stuff hurts sometimes!

IMG_4858.JPG

IMG_4859.JPG

IMG_4860.JPG

The blue tack was rolled into "snakes", I masked around that with painter's tape.

The brown got a Silly Putty masking.

IMG_4861.JPG

IMG_4862.JPG

IMG_4863.JPG

Why the switch? The masking tape pulled some of my primer!!! Must have got some of that super duper masking tape that Moon Puppy used on his Mustang!!

IMG_4864.JPG

IMG_4865.JPG

IMG_4866.JPG

Dang, the colors are always so stark at this stage! Hopefully all will mellow out as we go. Thoughts, jeers, suggestions, general complacency always welcome. :D Maybe it will look better after a couple cervezas? :drinks :drinks

:hmmm Cervezas.......

O yeah,...almost forgot after the cervezas!
Maybe add some more yellow,think it will look better that way.

What is it with you guys and masking tape? :laugh:

Here is a little tip;when you use masking tape,first stick it on your blue jeans before sticking it on a model.then the tape will not stick that hard on your model. ;)

Anyhow I like that masking method,and I think it will turn out just right in the end! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

I"m kinda wondering if 3M has changed their tape to make it stronger?

Looks good Mike, glad you didn't pull up paint like I did, can't see any problems.

Great job Mike! That silly putty look like some Alien Sc-Fi material lol

All the best!
Dusan.

Thanks fellas! I kept looking at the turret and did not like the camo pattern, so I changed it! Pix tomorrow. :eek:hyeah

Nice work there, Mike! That camouflage is coming along rather well. :dude You know what I said to you about this being a model year for me, eh? Well, the builds I see here at MA are sure to motivate me in that direction and yours' are some of my favorites, although I appreciate tremendously everyone else's works! :v Thanks for being here guys!!! :drinks

Cheers! B)
Fernao

No update on spot ? Myself, when this roll of blue tape runs out I believe I'm gonna switch to the green version.

I like it . Waiting on updates :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

A Fernao sighting!! You are too kind, my friend!!

The more I looked at the right side of the turret, the less I liked it, so I broke out the Silly Putty and made a revision! This a great argument for mixing more paint than you need!

IMG_4868.JPG

Looks better to me.

I used The Filter Tan for Tri-tone camo over entire vehicle to unify the colors and Ochre for Grey Sand over the yellow and brown to mellow it a little more. I added Brown for Dark Green over the green to add a little interest. After letting that dry overnight, I coated the entire vehicle with Future in preparation for the decals and pinwashes.

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_4869.JPG

IMG_4870.JPG

Still have a lot to do on this beast, last day of vacation, so trying to get as much done as possible! :drinks

After a week back at work and no progress, I decided I need to get the flat coat on after the filters and washes. The markings are Archer dry transfers.

IMG_4882.JPG

IMG_4884.JPG

IMG_4886.JPG

IMG_4887.JPG

Still a long way to go with detail painting, tools, and some miscellaneous junk, then I can add some dirt!

Back