• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German Pz.Kpfm KV-2 754 (r)

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
This was my original entry for UNM, it started calling my name a couple weeks ago, so here goes!

IMG_4700.JPG

IMG_4701.JPG

IMG_4704.JPG

IMG_4705.JPG

The Voyager Model PE is some good stuff, looking forward to building this up. (y)

It will be a great build for sure by combining a nice set from Voyager with one of Trumpeter's best (and original) efforts.

Did you buy the fender set as well?

Regards,

I did, but was thinking of using it on my other KV. May still decide to use it on this one. :laugh:

Love the KV series. One day I'll have to do a one and a two. Cant wait to see this come together. Can you take a pic of the parts layout for the PE?? Might have to get one.
James

Sure will, it's a nice kit. I bought it quite awhile ago, guess it's still available.

As requested, pictures of the Voyager Model PE set.

IMG_4713.JPG

IMG_4714.JPG

IMG_4715.JPG

IMG_4718.JPG

IMG_4720.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4723.JPG

From past experience, the Voyager Model parts are easy to work with and their instruction sheet is better than most. Itching to get going on this, but that working for a living thing is getting in the way! :woohoo:

Very cool. You've sold me. Whats the wood stuff for though?? Did it come with the detail set?
James

The wood sheet is for the bottom and back of the magazine rack, pretty fancy "plywood", looks like walnut. B)

Thanks guys! Today was one of those modeling days where you know you have to cover a lot of ground in a short time, so naturally, everything seems more difficult! I built Trumpeter's KV-1 two years ago and it practically fell together, this one is a different story! In typical Russian fashion, it has resisted German takeover every step. :laugh:

During assembly of the hull, I have to break out the Binford 2000 Gap Reducer.

IMG_4746.JPG

IMG_4747.JPG

IMG_4748.JPG

Just when I thought I was in the clear, more gaps!!

IMG_4749.JPG

IMG_4750.JPG

Going back to the archives for this technique, courtesy of Mr T, solder welds.

IMG_4751.JPG

IMG_4752.JPG

I used thin CA glue to attach .022 silver solder along the gaps, then used the back of my Xacto to make the weld texture.

IMG_4754.JPG

IMG_4755.JPG

I added several more welds, then tackled the first of the PE mesh grilles. The Voyager Model grilles do not form as easily as the Aber set I used on my last KV, but I managed to wrestle them together.

IMG_4758.JPG

IMG_4759.JPG

IMG_4761.JPG

IMG_4763.JPG

That's about it for today, need to finish some stuff around the house and then back to work tomorrow. :(

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think. (y)

Thanks, fells! I appreciate the positive vibes!! Made a little progress since the last update, made grab handles, added lift rings (although they seem to have slid from their intended places from handling, gotta fix that) made several PE parts and started the figures that arrived Friday night.

IMG_4770.JPG

IMG_4769.JPG

IMG_4771.JPG

IMG_4775%7E0.JPG

IMG_4776%7E0.JPG

There's more, but it's dinner time!! I'll post up the rest of the progress tomorrow. (y)

The figs are from Legend Productions, more pix here.
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/fall-figure-festival/92885-re-legend-productions-german-ss-tank-crew-135-scale#92887

This is highly recommended unless you have a set of Moskit exhausts in your stash...

Regards,

Back