• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FW 190 A-3/A-4 R6 - 1/72th Matchbox (PK-51)

I love building big beast planes ... like the B-1 the Blackbird the u-2 all 1/48th scale ... but after a while I get really tired ... so what better to relax then a 1/72 th scale old Matchbox model!!!

I have the workbench full of them... when i get tired i build one of these just for the kicks... completely oob of course :D

So let's respect the classics man !!! :D

This FW 190 was made for a group build in a PT Forum it was called "Matchbox Revival" !!!

The fun and the nostalgia begins!!

For the base of the model what better then the boxart in a frame??

What marking to choose .. after i choosing the second one some guy told me that the marking was incorrect so i followed his advice and decided on a diferent paint scheme....

The "huge" pilot (Not)

Ready for paint

Firts of all lets prime it

Grey time

Pre-shading

The paint scheme that i had to paint this little "fock" wulf!

RLM 76 from Gunze

Then some small parts

Time for the masking

Painting it yellow ... its always fun!!!Arrrghhhhh :mad: :mad:

and how does it look??

Old School Kit with new techniques...

The final steps to the conclusion!!!

Masking

Paint job done ... gloss varnish time!!!

I had a problem with some fotos... :(

Decals and another thin coat of gloss varnish :

And to seal it up ... matt varnish:

And here it is... DONE!!

Overall
Well this model gave me more fun then building a Egg plane!!! If you just whant to relax and get some modeling kicks you should buy a Matchbox! The Matchbox kits fit very well and there is no need for too much putty and sanding!! Its true that they are not very detailed... the interior is a gonner but if you are looking to gain some scratching techniques... this would be great as well!!!

So take my word for it ...they are great fun!
And when people talk about old models with that slight voice.... just say : [size=12pt]"Respect the classics, man!"[/size]

Pedro , you're a brave man ! It's been a long time since I built a Matchbox kit on purpose.

Looks pretty good to me .

Cheers, Christian B)

Great job on all your models Pedro, I like this one the most because I really like Fw 190s and also like it when people build some of the older kits.

Matrixone

Back