• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ESCI and Hasegawa 1/48 Aircraft support sets

jeaton01

This is a combination of one Hasegawa Set A of Ground Support Equipment and the ESCI Aircraft Support Group, both 1/48. I built these as fill in while other models had wait times, and because someday I hope to grow up and do something like a diorama. Or maybe a modest scene.

Apart from the decals the Hasegawa set was very nice. Twelve figures come with it, and I thought they were very well sculpted. I am not particularly happy with the flesh tones, but that's my fault. The two power supply carts and the fire extinguisher cart are the rest of the Hasegawa kit. They were all fun to build with no issues apart from the decals, which were dead and also of the old ivory white Hasegawa variety. Luckily this set is in Hasegawa's current catalogue and with a bit of difficulty I was able to get replacements from the Canadian distributor. Stevens International as usual was useless to deal with.

It took three sets of the ESCI kit to build the rest of the equipment. Only two of the tractors, two ladders, and two of the bomb loaders are there due to fragile and missing parts. There are also figures with the ESCI kit but they are rail thin and would look odd next to the Hasegawa figures. They might be suitable for WW II. The ESCI decals were very old but worked like champs. The bomb loader lift frames caused some head scratching as the drawings were not clear to me, but in the end I was able to get them right and they can be positioned any way I like. There were at least eleventy billion decals to put on, and 42 wheels to mask and paint.

002escigse.jpg

003escigse.jpg

004escigse.jpg

Back