• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F/A-18A VFA-15 'Valions'

:java Ughhh, 'pot-holes' in every door (and there's A LOT of doors on a Hornet...

ha900f87.JPG

hce24a1f.JPG

Other jobs done but not yet photographed. All the wing architecture done, bombs painted, IP, seat & pit basic painting done, all undercarriage units assembled (mammoth job) and sprayed. Next dry-brush & complete IP & pit.

AFN

Ian.

Progress: Pit done (with Quickboost resin seat), fuselage halves together. Some fit issues aft of the wings but that seems to be the same for every F/A-18 kit regardless of manufacturer.

hf938220.jpg

he4fb8cb.jpg

h5a9c6be.jpg

ha5516cd.jpg

h37b82a4.jpg

h84c640a.jpg

h4e8db15.jpg

Next will be a couple of sessions filling and blending but nothing too rigorous. AFN

Ian.

An update without pics...

70% of the fuselage/wing construction filled and sanded-back, spine finished, tyres sprayed (all the u/c parts already done). More PSR in the next session, but I think I've broken the back of it now. For this one I'm going to force m'self in to trying something new... Salt Weathering !! :frantic :frantic

www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/t...athering-techniques/

Ian.

Remember Les did it not long ago.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/wesendorf-field/151054-i-think-i-m-turning-japanese?start=228#267444

I doubt you're doing it to the degree he did.

:popcorn

Yep remember that one, Bob. Taking 'how to' tips from everywhere. Some excellent tutorials on You Tube... some poor ones too !!

Ian.

All built now and undercoated - mixed Xtracolour & WEM 'RAF Med Sea Grey' to get this super-smooth bluey grey tone. Ideal as a base for the pre-shading. You can just make-out that the the root of both the flaps and the leading-edge slats have been already pre-shaded, will add the next layer on Monday.

hac66ea6.JPG

h0d7a0fd.JPG

he21ec1a.JPG

Have a great weekend everyone, thanks for following and/or commenting.

Ian.

First round of pre-shading happened this morning:

h3b4b007.JPG

haa7aa5c.JPG

h11cf306.JPG

h74ab5cc.JPG

had2cc45.JPG

Thanks for looking and/or commenting, more soon.

Ian.

Paint & paint effects done:

he89877f.jpg

hc85ae59.jpg

h80aeccd.jpg

he2307fc.jpg

h5d818af.JPG

hb69fdfb.JPG

h05e09af.JPG

Next, leave it for a day or so to let the Johnsons Klear really harden then a panel line wash. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

Back