• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-117

Used the last of my Future and soaked the glass pieces. Will let them dry a week or so.
Built the 2 FLIR's. Will paint them flat black. Will decide what to do about the glass then.
Also got the bomb bays together. Did a base coat of flat white. Will do some detail stuff then gloss white and then weather it.

DSC01056.JPG

DSC01055.JPG

James

Pretty cool James. I was wondering what the attraction to that jet was so it has a detailed tub and a nice egg layer.

Hi James, this is all looking very nice. Great idea to use the sprue for a nerf bar on the sensors :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Pretty cool James. I was wondering what the attraction to that jet was so it has a detailed tub and a nice egg layer.

Out of the box it isnt too bad. The pit is okay although they missed the boat by a wide margin by not giving you a throttle. The stick is kind of thick and sucky also. So I robbed the spares out of my F-17 kit to put in. I decided I'd use the Eduard cockpit just so it would look nice. Now I have also bought the Eduard Brassin wheels and LGB's for this kit just to give it some oomph. I am using the metal landing gear from the kit, but its really tough trying to file out punch out marks from this metal. I think it will hold the weight better than the plastic gear will though. I only got this kit because it is so weird looking and because it is historically an important airframe. Other than that I'm not looking forward to the black paint, because it is so difficult.
James

Hi James, this is all looking very nice. Great idea to use the sprue for a nerf bar on the sensors :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Yeah Chris, with the way I drop things and because my fine motor skills are degrading a bit I thought this was a safe way to go.
James

Got the vertical controlerons done. So simple yet so effective. Dont have a pic yet, just been busy building.
James

Had some time last night and first thing this morning to do some modeling. So got the IR balls together and painted. Now looking at pictures you will see the IR compartments have a screen behind the windows to continue the radar deflection of the whole a/c. How to model that is the question. So I took a Nestea bag that is very fine mesh. Its one of those pyramid type tea bags. Cut it open and painted it black.

DSC01057.JPG

Placed it taught on the window and then sandwiched on the IR compartment. The pictures dont do it justice, but you can see into the ir compartment with the naked eye yet still see the screen. I think it looks cool.

DSC01061.JPG

DSC01058.JPG

James

Seeing as its so dark, here is a pic of the real thing.

3657cu.jpg

I found it here http://www.b-domke.de/AviationImages/Nighthawk/3657cu.html
I'm happy to say they match.
James

Okay was talking with a friend at the model shop and I liked his idea of buttoning up the bomb bay. So I did. I also added some scrap plastic to stiffen it up some. Will add more so nothing pops off.

DSC01067.JPG

DSC01066.JPG

DSC01064.JPG

DSC01065.JPG

James

Back