• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1998 Pontiac T/A Ram Air

mustang1989

I've been wanting to build this car for the last few years and figured that now might be a good time to break it out. There's not much in the way of AM for this kit so it was the perfect one to do an OOB build on. The only things that were added was an "AC Delco" decal on the oil filter, a Hot Rod Magazine in the passengers from seat with a picture of an older T/A on the cover and I robbed the dual outlet exhaust pipes from the Revell 2000 Camaro SS kit. Just couldn't build this car with the single outlet exhaust system like it came from the factory with. I worked on these cars when they were brand new in Carrolton, Tx at a Pontiac dealer (Vista Ridge Pontiac / Buick / GMC) at what was then Trinity Mills and is now the George W. Bush Turnpike. The dealership has since changed names to Classic Buick / GMC. I really miss those days.

The kit wasn't too bad but there were several fit issues with it starting with the chassis to body assembly. For some reason the glue adhesion didn't set up right at the rear of the car resulting in a slight twist. I made some bracing that went from the body down to the chassis and glued that in place to suck the chassis up on the side that got the lower part of the twist. Flash and mold lines were TERRIBLE on this thing. I spent ALOT of time getting rid of those and still didn't get them all. The front and rear facias fit great during the test fit and didn't want to cooperate at all during the assembly process. I got them pretty close however, disassembling the whole friggin' car to straighten everything out. Once I got the chassis sucked up in the back on the drivers side to where it was supposed to be I noticed that now there was a gap between the engine throttle body and the molded in intake duct on the body. I ended up cutting a piece of plastic and carving it to fit the gap there. The only other things that I did with this car that needed to be done was that I lowered it about a scale inch or so all the way around to give it a more aggressive stance and blacked out the tail light panel for a totally bad ass look out back.

She'll probably never win any awards but she looks really good sitting in my display case.

vvg1UN.jpg

BxBrp2.jpg

fnBeDj.jpg

qiJKfN.jpg

lLoDoX.jpg

E7GaJt.jpg

QYfrwD.jpg

DsJ4VY.jpg

IcWYUC.jpg

K4D8mO.jpg

Nice job!
Thanks Bob! This was another filler build while I was trying to sort out the problems I was having on the Maverick build. All in all it was a fun build with just a few fit problems. I've got a 2000 Camaro SS kit I'd like to build at some point.

Back