• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragunov's BP-42 Kanonen un Flakwagen

You don't have an air brush? :eek:hmy:

I don't even feel sorry for anyone that can paint like that without one. :eek:hyeah

Tony lee :)
:rotf

Thanks guys (y) I guess if you never used or owned an airbrush you don't miss it, in the future I'll get me an airbrush to, but I do realize that using an airbrush takes a lot of new skills to learn to....

Now for a little update. Decals placed;

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen20.jpg

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen21.jpg

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen22.jpg

And after letting the decals dry, a gloss coat;

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen23.jpg

Next the washes........Thanks for looking!

Erik

This looks mighty fine,Erik! (y)

So no airbrush was involved?what kind of paint did you use for this beauty?

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks guys (y)
This looks mighty fine,Erik! (y)

So no airbrush was involved?what kind of paint did you use for this beauty?

Greetings,Ron.

Hi Ron, I always use Tamiya paints for the basecolor, when using a spray can I think they are the best. For the drybrushing I use Revell or Humbrol enamels, just like the Bob Letterman way of drybrushing. For washes I use oils.

Erik

Little update, finished the washes etc, and sprayed the beast with a layer of Testors Dullcote flat clear!

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen26.jpg

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen25.jpg

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen24.jpg

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen27.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy holidays everyone :woohoo:

Erik

Looks awesome Erik. Still blown away by the painting and now also by the weathering. Very nicely done (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Man that looks good (y)

For me it's a toss up as to weather it could use just a bit more pin wash, old steam trains got nasty.

Cheers
Tony lee :)

Back