• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragunov's BP-42 Kanonen un Flakwagen

Dragunov

Hi all,

I like to join the fun with this kit, I plan to replace the Flak 38 vierling included in the kit with the AFV-Club Flak 38.

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen03.jpg

Cheers Erik

I plan to replace the Flak 38 vierling included in the kit with the AFV-Club Flak 38.

If you mean AFV Club's Flakvierling, smart move! The Trumpeter kit is nice but the AA gun is awful, I think it is worse than the old Tamiya one. I know as I have two of the Trumpeter guns (one from their Sd.Kfz. 7/2 kit and another stand alone from which I used parts to better the Tamiya kit only to find Bronco, GWS and AFV Club all releasing kits).

Regards,

Hi All :Hiay

A little bit of work done, till now this is a realy nice kit wich goes together very nicely.

The undercarriage;
27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen04.jpg

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen07.jpg

The upper hull;
27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen05.jpg

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen06.jpg

Both parts joined together;
27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen08.jpg

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen09.jpg

Tanks for looking, more pics soon!

Erik

Cool. Looks like a nice easy build. Will watch with great interest. Will this go with your Karl Morser?
James

Thanks guys (y)

Cool. Looks like a nice easy build. Will watch with great interest. Will this go with your Karl Morser?
James
Hi James, it is a realy easy build, I think I finish it tommorow, excluding the Flak vierling that is. I will us the AFV-Club Flak vierling 38, which will take much more time to build :D

It will not go with my Karl, because I think it would be historicly incorrect to put them together. But Mayby....just Mayby, I'll build the Geschutzwagen and the Kommandowagen to and put them together as a section of the BP-42 armoured train.

Here some pictures of the progress so far....

The armoured plating around the Flak position;
27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen10.jpg

The turret;
27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen11.jpg

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen12.jpg

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen13.jpg

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen14.jpg

back to the bench for me, try to get her finished!

Thanks for looking (y)

Erik

Aach! I can't believe they went simple on the folding armor! Obviously, this is not a kit I have... my kit is this one:
BP42_Geschutzwagen_Trumpeter_01509_35th.jpg

I'm saving it for Dr. Steinman to break his modeler's block.

Erik, have you thought about making the flak gun in use? If so, the armor must fold down. If not, it really should be built with the armor folded to allow passage around it when stowing ammunition boxes for ready clips.

Regards,

Aach! I can't believe they went simple on the folding armor! Obviously, this is not a kit I have... my kit is this one:
BP42_Geschutzwagen_Trumpeter_01509_35th.jpg

I'm saving it for Dr. Steinman to break his modeler's block.

Erik, have you thought about making the flak gun in use? If so, the armor must fold down. If not, it really should be built with the armor folded to allow passage around it when stowing ammunition boxes for ready clips.

Regards,

Hi Saul, I'm not planning to build it with the Flak in use, that would involve me painting figures :sick: you realy don't want to see that :D

But I think the armor doesn't have to be folded down in order to operate the Flak, see this picture;
27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen01.jpg

Only if the Flak would be used against ground targets, I think they would have to fold down the sides.

Erik

Man that's some rollin' stock. looking good Erik, sure is nice to see you back on the bench bubba...:mpup

Only if the Flak would be used against ground targets, I think they would have to fold down the sides.

At that stage of the war, their use was mostly against ground targets. Again, this was just me surprised at the shortcut Trumpeter took. I don't mean that the parts should be separate but that it could have had interior detail.

It looks as if it went together nicely. Let's see if the same can be said of the AFV Club Flakvierling. I bought two, one for my T-34 and another for my Sd.Kfz. 7/2 to replace the Dragon Flakvierling (which isn't bad at all).

Regards,

Again, this was just me surprised at the shortcut Trumpeter took. I don't mean that the parts should be separate but that it could have had interior detail.

It looks as if it went together nicely. Let's see if the same can be said of the AFV Club Flakvierling. I bought two, one for my T-34 and another for my Sd.Kfz. 7/2 to replace the Dragon Flakvierling (which isn't bad at all).

Regards,

I agree, Trumpeter could have made some interior detail, in fact these parts not only have no interior detail, they have huge pinmarks on the inside as wel, but they were easy fixed, no risk of damaging the detail :D

But in all the kit is an easy build, looking forward to the AFV-Club Flakvierling I ordered, I'm sure it will be a lot more work than the Flakwagen!

Erik

A little bit of painting done, I'm never very happy with the results of my painting and weathering, so I'm experimenting with -for me- new techniques. I started with some "postshading??" I have no airbrush so preshading isn't an option with spray cans. I drybrushed a lighter color on the panels etc. this is the result......

27BP-42KanonenundFlakwagen19.jpg

What do you think?

Erik

You don't have an air brush? :eek:hmy:

I don't even feel sorry for anyone that can paint like that without one. :eek:hyeah

Tony lee :)

Back