• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon StuG III Complete!

Dragon StuG III Paint Bench Upgrade 2.0 12-9-16

Thanks a heap, my friends! I am still playing with the stowage, there's loads of combinations that can be carried. I appreciate the feedback. :good:

Still in the planning stages, another option.

IMG_8873.JPG

Primered schurzen

IMG_8877.JPG

IMG_8874.JPG

I added lead foil straps to the jack block, they will be reprimed later.

IMG_8875.JPG

May change out the big bundle for ammo crates, goofing off today. :D Thoughts or suggestions always welcome.

Thanks for coming by.

:drinks

I kinda like the big bundle! Were it me, I would put the ammo crates on the left (as you face the vehicle)

OH BTW...I like the side armor there too

Great work Sir!

And tie Aunt Edna to the top??? :rotf

Fine looking Stug, working on one myself at the moment so its handy watching yours come together :good: :good:

Thanks, guys! There's an update brewing, just haven't had time to post any photos. Stay tuned.

Good stuff, this looks very promising. Although I've given up German armor and I have concentrating on US stuff, stowage is the "MUST HAVE" thing.

I got the same bucket btw, nice and crisp, good tip on replacing that flat handle. From my own experience, I would say maybe add some ration crates or any other type of crate ? Jerry cans, tarps and other folded stuff looks great, just some crates with writing / logos / etc to make it more diverse.

Cheers,

Laurence

The Armor Guys I know have trick for lettering on placards, Radios, aid kits, crates and boxes. Use any dinky decal, US, German, Portuguese, and put on upside down. It appears to be "something" and adds interest, without being truly legible. :drinks :ro:

Looking pretty good so far. Those Jerry can handles though are just not working for me, sorry.

Don't be sorry, the feedback is good. I'm not far enough into them that I can't switch it up. :good:

Update tomorrow, I promise. There's been lots of life in my way the past coupla weeks. :pinch:

Stay tuned. :ro:

Dragon StuG III Camo 1-4-17

As promised, my most recent update. I have been plugging away at this a very little at a time and just haven't posted photos. I added a green camo pattern, just let it flow.

IMG_8880.JPG

You can see I started adding some chips of different colors just to break things up.

IMG_8881.JPG

IMG_8882.JPG

IMG_8883.JPG

IMG_8884.JPG

I prefer to use a sponge to apply the chips, I also use a fine brush (not easy to do with one eye and bad depth perception!)

I also detail painted some of the Value Gear resin pieces I was given to review. They are well made, nicely detailed, can be bent and formed with hot water and paint nicely.

IMG_8885.JPG

IMG_8886.JPG

IMG_8887.JPG

IMG_8888.JPG

Find them here. http://www.valuegeardetails.com/BuyStuff.html

IMG_8890.JPG

The bench is a wreck, but we're moving forward!!

Thanks for coming by.

Amazing work; looks like it really flowed well. Excellent job on the chipping effect, that really makes this look well used. I love Value Gear stuff too. Mike is a great guy.

Bench looks better than mine; what's most important is that you're getting progress done. Way to go!

Very Cool! Diggin' the Squiggle! Sometimes a Man just needs some play-time. I know doods with 2 perfekt eyes that don't make as nice eine kleine Notzi-Voggen as you do! (y) :ro: :soldier :salute

I Don't wanna be a Grown-Up today! COLD here! The Bench beckons............... :idonno

Back