• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon King Tiger Porsche Turret

Thanks guys! Man, is this a fossil! While I'm waiting on my T-62 to dry, I dug the KT back out. I added the filters to tone down the camo and am painting tools, cables and such.

IMG_8202.JPG

IMG_8203.JPG

IMG_8204.JPG

I really like the richness and depth of color that The Filter Tan for Tritonal Camo adds, I just applied more in some areas than others to keep it random. I pin washed it with Dark Wash from Mig (yep, my stuff is that old). Next up, flat coat, streaking,dust and dirt. Thanks for stopping by.

:drinks

Since i have a small responsibility for this KT, I wonder what the emoticon for "Well Done" and "It's about time" might look like. Lookin' cool!!! :yipee :ro: :notworthy

Thanks, James! OK, very mini update for this morning, much more went on over the past two days but I didn't stop to take photos. :lol:

Funny how the small stuff takes so much time. Tow cables.

IMG_8279.JPG

In the past, I've learned (the hard way)that adding a brass pin to accessories make them easier to install and remain installed. The pin makes touch up painting easier too. B)

I'm a big fan of Karaya Tow Cables, they are easy to shape and work with. This is the TCR3502 set for King Tiger. Cut the cables to length, blacken them with your favorite burnishing solution, dry brush with something shiny, add the ends and install, right? Wrong!

IMG_8281.JPG

The blackening process went as planned, I made one cable without a hitch. The second cable, cut from the same length of wire, would not hold the color. I was sure this is a chemical reaction and couldn't figure why that happened. SO, I backed up and tried again with more solution. Same result. :bang head SO, Plan C! I shot gray Tamiya primer over the length and let it dry. That held, so I painted the cable with Tamiya XF-84 Dark Iron. What a great color! Matched the other side well enough, so problem solved. Photographic evidence later today or tomorrow.

ba06~0.jpg

Thanks for dropping by. :drinks

I surely agree that small things suck up way more time than large ones . Doesn't seem fay proportionally.

Having seen this build in person yesterday , I must say it looks quite good . I even used a flashlight :rotf

Glad you got those strange cables sorted out Mike . (y) (y)

Can't wait for this build to be complete :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys! A lot has been happening with this build, but most of it is small detail stuff so the updates are not real easy to document. Here's where we are this morning, got all the tools hung and brackets attached.

IMG_8284.JPG

IMG_8285.JPG

IMG_8286.JPG

IMG_8287.JPG

I did some weathering after these photos were taken, waiting on that to dry to shoot more progress pix. Getting closer! B) Thanks for hanging out with me.

:drinks

Back