• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon King Tiger Porsche Turret

Having used and loving Friuls, this is easier. The Magic Tracks usually go together well and keep my investment down. Don't get me wrong, I love the heft and look the metal tracks give, but their cost make them a luxury. My best advice, try the Magic Tracks and an assembly method similar to the one I use, the only thing you'd be out is a little time.

The brown paint is just a base, I'll add washes and pigments from here. You need a paint that dries quickly, so the tracks will still be pliable and you don't get paint everywhere. Works for me.

...excelent sbs,Mike...following this build with a big attention :popcorn

Thanks for sharing with us!

:drinks

Luiz.

thumbsup.gif

Greetings,Ron.

The reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated. :laugh: I did manage to get to the bench and then into the paint booth today, here's the result.

I like the look of missing fenders and the base coat showing through, so I sectioned the fenders and added brass locating pins to hold them on during paint.

IMG_6740.JPG

IMG_6742.JPG

The camo pattern using AK Interactive's Rot Braun, Olivgrun and a mix of Tamiya Deck Tan and Dark Yellow.

IMG_6743.JPG

IMG_6745.JPG

IMG_6744.JPG

IMG_6746.JPG

IMG_6747.JPG

Fender missing.

IMG_6748.JPG

That's about it for today, going to let it dry and then start weathering. :drinks

Thanks, guys! :blush: I was using the box art as a sketchpad, going for that vertical tiger stripe design. With the weathering and fading, I hope it turns out OK. Nothing new to report this week, I'm on Ray Charles duty after a second eye procedure on my right eye. B) More to come (I hope) :drinks

Back