• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon King Tiger Porsche Turret

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Hello friends! It has been too long without some bench time and I have some pent up energy. My build for this campaign is the Dragon King Tiger Porsche turret with zimmerit, kit 6302. I chose this kit for many reasons, but mostly because my friend Rhino likes the Porsche turret. This kit came to me from Iowa and still bore the price tag from the late, great hobby shop, Great Hobby Adventures. I put on some blues on the computer and set to work this morning, since it was too cold to go to my garage to paint my Sturer Emil. This is part of what the day brought.

IMG_6298.JPG

IMG_6299.JPG

How does it always happen that the work space shrinks like this?? :laugh:

IMG_6300.JPG

IMG_6302.JPG

IMG_6303.JPG

I have squirreled away a couple sets of Moskit exhausts, long out of production, but SO cool!

IMG_6304.JPG

Compare to the stock pipe.

IMG_6305.JPG

IMG_6306.JPG

I cut off the stock part, leaving a stub to mount the Moskit pipe on.

IMG_6307.JPG

A gentle massage with the file let the new pipe slide right in place.

IMG_6308.JPG

These King Tigers just fly together!

IMG_6309.JPG

I found this Griffon Model armored machine gun awhile back, the stock piece does not compare.

IMG_6310.JPG

IMG_6311.JPG

IMG_6312.JPG

IMG_6313.JPG

IMG_6314.JPG

All the PE comes in the kit.

IMG_6315.JPG

IMG_6316.JPG

This kit includes the larger screens pre-bent, which saves time and frustration!

IMG_6317.JPG

I built the gun and am working on the turret, this ought to be ready to paint soon. Stay tuned, lots more to come. :drinks

Dear friend Mike.

...nice stuff...this AFV is one of my favourities...hope to see an excelent job from yours...for sure :D

:drinks

Luiz.

Those Moskit exhaust sure are nice. Only have one set for a Betty Bomber but sure wish I knew about them before they quit making them.

Thanks friends! It sure feels good to get back to the bench! More fun with the turret today.

IMG_6318.JPG

The pistol port may not be left open, but the little chain that came with the kit spoke to me. :laugh:

IMG_6319.JPG

These screens were pre-bent in this kit, very nice!

IMG_6320.JPG

IMG_6321.JPG

IMG_6322.JPG

Ran out of time, need to get ready for work. Thanks for checking in. :drinks

Looking great!!! You gonna add some weld beads to the periscope guards on the turret? :D

Terry B)

Nice Mike. I think I will have to get one of these with the zim already on, just to try it.
James

No wonder you're still having difficulties with your eyes . Too much bling for anyone's eyes ! :pinch:

Sure looks good Mike . Glad to see you at the bench . (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back