• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon King Tiger Porsche Turret

Thank you to all for the gracious comments, I really appreciate the feedback! Since I'm trying to get back to the bench after several eye procedures, I have a few things I've been wanting to try. I damaged areas of the kit zimmerit to add some interest to an otherwise too perfect exterior, I thought you ought to be able to see the concrete edge. I used the Dremel and a flat bottomed cutter to make the damage, then smoothed the "metal" hull with my micro chisel. I then painted the concrete edge with PollyScale Old Concrete. This proved to be too much like the tan in the camo stripes, so I repainted it with Model Color silwsjuxyne. B) Don't know that color? Neither do I because the label has the numbers worn off. :facepalm It's a light grey, I think it looks like newly exposed concrete.

IMG_6772.JPG

IMG_6774.JPG

IMG_6771.JPG

I added a little worn bare metal to the fender too.

IMG_6773.JPG

More shots.

IMG_6775.JPG

IMG_6776.JPG

I'll let that overnite and then get it ready to filter and weather. Still a lot of detail painting to do, hoping my vision will continue to improve, I'm still shaky on the close stuff.

Here's a little tune to keep you entertained. :drinks

One_Eyed_Jacks_Saloon.jpg

I really like those Mike . They came out really nice. :D

Also just realized that between you and Mr. T's ribbon, you take up one entire screen on the computer :S

Cheers, Christian B)

:dude :ro: :drinks
I see that U are back in the saddle! Well done young Mister!! That is my fave Turret. Your Big O" KT is much nicer than My HO KT!!

:v Well Done Tiki! I like to feel as if I had some bearing on this project. Perhaps a bit! Bring him to KC so the AMPS guys here can try to find something wrong!! Carra De Nalgas! :drinks

:v Well Done Tiki! I like to feel as if I had some bearing on this project. Perhaps a bit! Bring him to KC so the AMPS guys here can try to find something wrong!! Carra De Nalgas! :drinks

You talking about the Porsche turret is what got me interested in building this. :coolio I had made some progress that I hadn't taken pictures of just prior to my recent eye issues, I'll try to get some pictures and maybe finish this build before the deadline. It's gonna be close! :pinch:

:drinks

As much as it pains me to concede, my eye just won't let me model. I tried painting some of the missing details, but between not being able to focus on the parts and my lousy depth perception, I decided to shelve the build for now. :( Thanks to all who followed along and for the support while all this is going on. :notworthy

As much as it pains me to concede, my eye just won't let me model. I tried painting some of the missing details, but between not being able to focus on the parts and my lousy depth perception, I decided to shelve the build for now. :( Thanks to all who followed along and for the support while all this is going on. :notworthy

I feel your pain Mike, we all know how much you want to get this finished. Best not to push things and let nature take it's course.

Hang in there! :zen :zen :drinks

Dear friend Mike.

...take care my friend :zen ... everything will be fine... :zen soon you will be modelling again...all the best for you!

:drinks

Luiz.

Back