• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon King Tiger Porsche Turret

Thank you, gentlemen, I really do appreciate it. Well, we're calling this complete. There were many days I wasn't sure I'd be able to finish this build, but thankfully, I have adapted and improvised with my vision to at least get it completed. Detailing takes a long time and modeling time has been limited, so photo documentation isn't as extensive as I used to do, but you get the drift. Here he is...

IMG_8297.JPG

IMG_8298.JPG

IMG_8299.JPG

Here you can see the color difference where the skirts are missing.

IMG_8301.JPG

Bits of tall grass stuck in the skirts.

IMG_8302.JPG

IMG_8303.JPG

Some stowaway leaves (ausfwerks scatter)

IMG_8304.JPG

I "borrowed" a handle from the Eduard T-54 PE set for the jack block.

IMG_8305.JPG

I left this model a little more satin finished than I normally do on purpose. In looking at reference photos, the dead flat we normally model isn't quite right, so I thought I'd try it. The flash accentuates the satin, might have not been the right call? :idonno

IMG_8306.JPG

This is a wonderful kit to build, with many colorful subjects to choose from and loads of aftermarket parts to add, I can't say enough good things about it and highly recommend it. Thanks for following along!

:drinks

Many thanks, my friends! :blush:

Chris, I doubt very seriously this will ever make a public appearance. The whole modeling for competition thing just leaves me cold, I just do it because I love it. :notworthy

:drinks

Back