• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon 10.5cm Sturmhaubitze 42 Ausf.G

Thank you, friends! I have been piddling around with some of the stowage I had left over from my Overlord StuG, trying some new paint techniques.

IMG_5794.JPG

IMG_5791.JPG

IMG_5792.JPG

Woof, the monitor sure shows up shaky lines! :blink

IMG_5793.JPG

I need to solder up the stowage rack, hopefully it won't prove too challenging. I did make up this little gem yesterday, it's from RB Model.

IMG_5795.JPG

IMG_5796.JPG

Everybody needs a brass bucket! :laugh:

:drinks

Thanks, friends! The new (for me)technique is using Vallejo Game Ink to enhance the colors and add depth where I would have used an oil wash before. I used Brown Ink 72.092 over Panzer Aces New Wood on the poles wrapped in the tarp. I'm still experimenting with this, but have been pleased with the results. I did the seats of my gun truck this way too.

IMG_5484.JPG

More to come, fighting an ear and sinus infection, so laying low today. :huh:

With CTA closing in, I devoted my Sunday to the StuH. I've been pecking away at it during the past week, but had too many subassemblies around the bench to take any good pix. Today, that changed!

IMG_5878.JPG

I tried something different on the Magic Tracks, I did my usual assembly with Testor's Liquid Cement, allowing the tracks to dry about 15 minutes. I pried them off the tape and gave them a quick spritz of Tamiya Grey primer, hit that with the hair dryer and went back to the paint bench and sprayed both sides with Tamiya XF-52 Flat Earth (thanks, Joe!). Back to the hair dryer and then to the bench. I wrapped the still pliable run of tracks around the running gear and glued in place.

I dry brushed Humbrol Polished Steel over the high spots and buffed that with a cotton swab. looks pretty good, if I do say so.

The gun was finished with Tamiya White Primer, washed with raw umber oils, thinned with Humbrol thinner and wiping away the excess with AK Interactive's White Spirits.

IMG_5880.JPG

IMG_5881.JPG

IMG_5882.JPG

Time to close it up! I painted some of the area that I wouldn't be able to reach later, so he looks a little patchwork at this point.

IMG_5883.JPG

IMG_5884.JPG

IMG_5885.JPG

IMG_5886.JPG

IMG_5887.JPG

IMG_5888.JPG

The gun is from RB Model, what a sweet little gem!!

IMG_5892.JPG

I soldered up the stowage rack this morning, managed to get it all together, only burned myself once! No pix of it, as it isn't going on yet and I don't want to break it off! :laugh: My wife said I made up some new words, guess my music wasn't loud enough! More to come, thanks for stopping by!

Moving right along Mike. Looking darn right smart to me ! :popcorn

You know wives have ultrasonic/bionic ears that can hear through steel armor plate.

Hope you did not blame it on the French this time :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you, friends! I have been off my regular schedule, so progress has been small. I did manage to get the stowage rack mounted, the stowage is just mocked up at this point.

IMG_5901.JPG

IMG_5900.JPG

IMG_5898.JPG

I need to add the track wash, I didn't do it Sunday, wanted to let the paint and cement dry for a few days. More to come.

Back