• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DKM Tirpitz in Norway - Deck Desaster!

:zen Hang in there Laura, you will master it, just give it some time and relax with some armor for a while :D
//Mats

This has gone on for 16 pages and this is the first I see it!!! I really do need to get my s..t together. This is a very interesting build Laura, i shall be in the stands for your effort to the finish line - good going so far - keep it up. :drinks

Like the others said, step away for a bit, cool down with a something else, then come back when the
the fire is out.
You have too much excellent work and time in this to send in the hammer.
Greg's idea should work fine, just go easy.

Mike B)

Read the whole thread just now and I must say that you're doing a great job Laura! :dude After coming all this way, I really don't think that you should give up - that of course, unless it's definately become a stresser - the idea of modeling is to have fun, yes? ;) Do what the guys are saying: let it rest for a while, kinda forget about it, and then take another look when you feel like it. :)

From my perspective, you've done a great job up 'til now, even more so considering all the setbacks you've faced! I'll be around with my popcorn and soft drink (maybe a beer or three). :coolio

Cheers and good luck! B)
Fernao

Laura, before removing the decking from the stiff backing, put some Tamiya masking tape over it to keep it in place. Remove from that backing, place on the deck as it's suppose to be and remove the Tamiya tape.

:zen

i must tell you that although i spent two hours reading when i should have been working (thank god no one else was here) this is a thread that embodies all the reasons i build models. your efforts on this build, your progression from idea to reality, and your sticking to it attitude has been reflected in the level of detail and the level of craftsmanship shown. thank you for sharing both your successes and your mishaps in this thread. i have only one ship in my meager stash, 1/350 uss arizona. i am very reluctant to dive into this build as i know my skills are not up to it and i know the kit is not the greatest and will need much to make it presentable. your work here shows me that even the best of builders have their issues and what makes them the best of builders is they work through those issues.

i look forward to when you post your next installment.

joe

Souns almost as though it'd be easier to scribe the planking into the kit plastic. Hmmm. How about scribing deck planking onto thin plasticsheets then cementing those to the decks?

Good luck with whatever you do with this model once you decide to come back to it.

Cheers

(AR)+(LF)+(M)+(M[sub]a[/sub])=F[sup]3[/sup]

(Air Rifle) + (lighter fluid) + (matches) + (model) = FUN FUN FUN!

:yipee

just sayin'

Back