• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dewoitine D.520 interior help needed...

Jeeves

Does anyone have any good shots of the sidewall panels? I have the True Details resin for the Tamiya kit and wanted to do it justice! Tamiya calls for a dark grey interior, but I am always a little leery of their accuracy...and the ratios for the tricolor scheme have me wishing I paid more attention in Chem class! ;). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Does anyone have any good shots of the sidewall panels? ... Tamiya calls for a dark grey interior

Dark Grey? Absolutely not!

The cockpit color was Bleu Nuit (Night Blue) but is may be possible that the Germans had them repainted with the colors they had available when the aircraft were refurbished to send to the Bulgarians or Training flights. The Italians captured theirs so it is in dark blue.

D520_cockpit_gche.JPG

Port cockpit wall

D520_cockpit_droit.JPG

Starboard cockpit wall

D520_cockpit_1.JPG

D520_cockpit_2.JPG

cpit1.jpg

cpit2.jpg

cpit3.jpg

cpit4.jpg

cpit5.jpg

cpit6.jpg

cpit7.jpg

cpit8.jpg

cpit9.jpg

Regards,

Thanks brother...I was right to doubt Mr. Tamiya ;). This is for the Blitzkreig build so I am doing a French fighter...

So I guess my next question would be what sort of paint to use...would a Tamiya Flat or Medium or Deck Blue work with a touch of grey??

The color was almost black so a Navy Blue is perfect. Being cheap, I used non-specular sea blue.

Note that the interior of the flaps and landing gear bays are a 'fawn' tan color. Later on in production the landing gear bays could be painted in the undersurface color. The gear legs were in the undersurface color.

Regards,

Back