• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

der Spatzfalke! The operational Ho-229

View attachment 130881
But she didn't drains you model building skills by the looks of it yet.

LOL! No, just delayed things a little. This isn't going to be done in time for AW2, but that is OK. I would rather do a great job on it rather than rush it. Then next step is the cockpit area, and I am going to have to make some decisions.

Thanks for looking in Mike and Bob!

Wow Paul! Despite your feminine distraction, you managed to pull off a masterful assembly! I could swear that this was a full sized interior of this plane. You did magnificent! I bow in the presence of greatness! :notworthy

Paul that is an incredible looking build so far!!! :notworthynotworthy:notworthy I'll be looking forward to your next update.

As for the distraction I hear ya. I had a similar distraction in the spring. Same thing, past history and all that and it went pretty much the same as the first round. Lol! Cost me a few dollars in plane tickets though as she lived pretty much on the other side of the country. Good to have some company though and to reconnect with an old friend.

Wow, the engines and frame look spectacular Paul! :tens:

I had a slight distraction myself. Threw my back out raking leaves a few weeks ago. It still hurts like crazy and hard to sit down for long periods!

Getting old is bad enough, having a bad back on top of that just sucks!

Paul that is an incredible looking build so far!!! :notworthynotworthy:notworthy I'll be looking forward to your next update.

As for the distraction I hear ya. I had a similar distraction in the spring. Same thing, past history and all that and it went pretty much the same as the first round. Lol! Cost me a few dollars in plane tickets though as she lived pretty much on the other side of the country. Good to have some company though and to reconnect with an old friend.
Yeah my thing is still going in weird ways and looks like it will continue in the crazy vein for a while. (she is going through a nasty divorce) For now it is just doing my thing and being patient more than anything. I have an old friend back though and that is worth the trouble.

Here is the next step that I am working on.

03-Cockpit-Title-Page.jpg

So far I have 4 options for the instrument panel, 3 options for the pilot seat. Along with the Eduard made PE set and HGW seatbelts it is turning into a bit of a challenge to decide on how the build is going to go. Right now I am taking it a little slow and just cleaning up parts. Trying to get my head around what I want to do and how to make it look the best.

Hmmm-100.jpg
Hunh 128.jpg
3D_emoticon_136.gif
Puter head bash.gif

Wow, the engines and frame look spectacular Paul! :tens:

I had a slight distraction myself. Threw my back out raking leaves a few weeks ago. It still hurts like crazy and hard to sit down for long periods!

Getting old is bad enough, having a bad back on top of that just sucks!
Warren, it is possible to misalign your back just by bending over to pick up a tissue. I know as I have had back trouble since high school. It is usually a vertebrae that gets out of line and pinches a nerve. Then the muscles start tensing up and spasming and you have a vicious circle. A good chiropractor can help things along quickly. I have dealt with my problems long enough that I can tell when things are out of whack and can usually work them back quickly before I end up in the pain circle.

I prevented a bad case of whiplash that way. Realigned my neck right after an accident. No twisty crackle, just a little lift and tension and things popped nicely back into place. The next day my neck was a little sore but that was gone in a couple of days. If I had not adjusted it right off it would have been really painful.

oh dear ... will this fly in the end?
Impisi, my plan is to have the starboard engine covers off and being worked on. The rest of the plane to be a bit weathered and showing some use.

Super sweet paint job on the engines Paul....:tens:
Thanks Ian! I used photos of the actual restored engines from a Me262 for reference. These are clean and well done, but still have some weathering to them as you would expect from a functional aircraft. Here are some of my reference pics. All were found on the internet and made the paint work a lot easier.

6aa19fda2596f267971d0a27c24b7431.jpg

262-9.jpg

cbe38a7c8d639b9d58de6d426989dfd4.jpg

T-vg4f8cZNEAjE9EpSYHjGxgiNiwYO_JrIa2Swj24wo.jpg

Jumo_004.jpg

Different plane same engines, made the paint work a lot easier once I figured out what I was looking at.

Thanks for looking in!

It has been a while since this has been updated, and I finally have some photos to show. Goes to show how bad women can screw things up, and now since I am blessed with being single again (WooHoo:vgood:) Things are starting to get done again.

To me the cockpit is where the most attention needs to be placed as there is a lot of small detail there to deal with. This kit is a little more work than most as it is all tubes, wires and lines. I would have found it a little scary to fly if it were me now that I have seen how things fit in.

Anyway, on with the show...

Aw2-Ho229-56.jpg

Aw2-Ho229-57.jpg

Aw2-Ho229-58.jpg

Aw2-Ho229-59.jpg

Aw2-Ho229-60.jpg

Aw2-Ho229-61.jpg

Aw2-Ho229-62.jpg

Aw2-Ho229-63.jpg

Aw2-Ho229-64.jpg

Aw2-Ho229-65.jpg

Aw2-Ho229-66.jpg

Aw2-Ho229-67.jpg

Something that I did not mention in the photos is that the crossbar for the control stick is supposed to be set lower than the tubes on the sides. I cut it loose and reworked the stick and yoke to make it a little closer to the original.

Enjoy!

Paul, I am overwhelmed! I can't imagine doing all that work, and yet you make it look so easy! Brilliant!

I bow in the presence of greatness! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Awesome details!
Thanks John! This I believe is one of the more complex aircraft kits I have ever seen.

Well worth the effort! :notworthy
Thanks for looking in Bob!

I always appreciate your memes Piet, thanks!

Paul, I am overwhelmed! I can't imagine doing all that work, and yet you make it look so easy! Brilliant!

I bow in the presence of greatness! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
I spend a fair amount of time "thinking" about how to do the build and the process Mark. It makes for smoother work if I have a formed plan to do the building. Thanks for looking in and commenting!

Looks like the restoration of an actual aircraft!! Gary S. XLV MMXXIV
I have several books on this subject and they have helped a lot. Thanks for looking in Gary!

Back