• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Der Rote Kampfflieger

:notworthy
Really beautiful work MP. I think it may be your best yet! I love your treatment and subtle shadowing of the red overspray, captured beautifully.
:pilot
Ian.

Shes a beaut Bob. Now I really want to build a WWI bird. I just noticed my Dolphin on the shelf and its calling to me. Keep on building, its getting me interested again.
James

Very cool! I wouldn't expect to see a dinky Snoopy on the rudder of this Red Baron airplane model.
Ausgezeichnet!
(y)

Well guys, I'm calling her done. I'm going to fix her to this base with some ground work and chocks along with the Baron standing by.
I wish I had not gotten so heavy with the red on the rudder and stabilizer, you can barely make out the work number but it's pretty visible in the original photos. I'm pretty satisfied with how this turned out, not overly weathered and i may yet add some dusting on the underplane before I get it attached to the base.
20200111_091114.jpg

20200111_091120.jpg

20200111_091132.jpg

20200111_091200.jpg

20200111_091209.jpg

20200111_091216.jpg

20200111_091226.jpg

20200111_091237.jpg

It's been way too long on this but I had to finish this one. Now the bench is cleared and after I return from work trip in 2 weeks I'll get started on the Eindecker. :woohoo:

Thanks for following along and the encouragements! :notworthy :notworthy (y)

WooHoo!!! :frantic
A great sense of accomplishment after the many trials and tribulation...:pilot
:v

Love the finish Bob-- nothing subtle about the Baron's scheme and you pulled it off swimmingly.

Back