• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Der Rote Kampfflieger

Progress...

h2be4154.jpg

No really...it is! :facepalm :pilot

So those gaspatch guns are really nice but I can't fit them in place. I should have been thinking of them about 6 months ago. I'd have to modify the mounting points and there's no way I can do that with the upper wing in place.

They will look great on the Endecker! :woohoo:

Looking good. Yeah the guns are scale while the kit is a bit off. Make sure you have the right gun for the Eindecker though. There are I think 43 or 4 versions of the 08.
James

Looking good. Yeah the guns are scale while the kit is a bit off. Make sure you have the right gun for the Eindecker though. There are I think 43 or 4 versions of the 08.
James

I was just looking at that James. Gaspatch says it's right but i'm not sure yet.

Still time to screw this up...

ha22a420.jpg

She's closed up.

h362683f.jpg

Guns mounted. (that was fun!) Follow the directions next time... :bang head

h7a18ebf.jpg

Engine spin up check

I have to get the plumbing from the motor to the radiator.

Next up, landing gear!

h8fb34c8.jpg

If we're doing planes and Pilots, gotta have the Baron in here.

She is looking great there MP. :good:
Now admit it you ran around the ol man cave with it making airplane noises... :pilot

:v

Bob, you're making some gret progress on this one and looks great so far. Nice save with the rigging and the attention to the tail detail looks great!

:popcorn :popcorn

Thanks guys, you're being kind. I'm going to try and run the rigging for the aileron control lines, they will go between the guns. Will not spend too much time on it but will give it a shot. Landing gear are assembled I just have to get them mounted. Wish they were stronger, the old DVII collapsed a while back. The Eindecker is still standing but it has more robust gear.

Landing gear struts dry fit is good. Had to clean out the attachment points a bit to get the really short attachment tab. Wish it was longer but i guess it would penetrate too far into the fuselage.

h8623173.jpg

I gave it an overall neutral wash and I'm working it around some. Got some rigging on the gear struts, wheels. Little more details yet. I think I'll have this finished before I go back to work....WORK?! :bang head

She's up!

hf6061cf.jpg

No you don't get any head on shots. :facepalm

Still have the plumbing for the radiator and some fiddly parts then the last rigging line from the side of the engine to the wing struts.

That there is whole lot of Albatros-saurus Rex! Stellar job on a really complex model, Bob! :good: :drinks

I literally have one part to add and you'd probably not even notice it missing. The Prop is still just dry fitted, need to snug it up so it doesn't look so out of alignment.

20200105_201852.jpg

20200105_201901.jpg

20200105_201907.jpg

20200105_201922.jpg

20200105_201927.jpg

20200105_202019.jpg

I think I'll give her a light dusting along the bottom. What'chall think?

Yes i'm going to give the Baron a shot also.

Looks great Bob! I've been considering starting my Albatross lately, but there are so many unfinished projects!

:good:

I literally have one part to add and you'd probably not even notice it missing. The Prop is still just dry fitted, need to snug it up so it doesn't look so out of alignment.

20200105_201852.jpg

20200105_201901.jpg

20200105_201907.jpg

20200105_201922.jpg

20200105_201927.jpg

20200105_202019.jpg

I think I'll give her a light dusting along the bottom. What'chall think?

Yes i'm going to give the Baron a shot also.

Looking good! (y)

I know it's been a long road build this project but you have done a GREAT JOB. :good:
:v

Back