• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Der Rote Kampfflieger

I'm back on the fishing line..The wire is nice, I can see using it in the Eindecker for actual support but I just can't get it tight enough, too much sag. Short of an actual turn buckle I can't make this work. At least with the fishing line I can heat up something and it'll shrink a bit.

Gotta get the mojo working...just drained. Afraid i'll have nothing to show on the Year End thread. :bang head

Don't worry; I'm far and away behind on my usual productivity myself. I got faith in you though, you got this. Looking forward to seeing more.

Well i'm back to where I was a month ago. :bang head

he106437.jpg

h04f1a45.jpg

I like the way this is working better. Not much more to do rigging wise. Lots of paint touch up to do. :pilot

Looking super sweet...now you just be careful or you might end up finishing this here model! :woohoo:
:v

Well I guess I didn't do enough homework before getting to this point.

There's an issue at the elevator control cable exit port on the top.

Here's what the real one looks like.

hee28ffe.jpg

And this is what the kit looks like.

h3afff54.jpg

It's almost as if WnW had planed for something to go in that spot like they did with the control cables on the underside of the upper wing. (If you've built one you know what I'm talking about). And of course I didn't notice this till AFTER I got the stabilizers installed. :bang head

What's worse is it's mentioned here at LSP review.
"Drill the slots of the elevator control cable exit in each side of the rear fuselage. Note that the full-scale plane had no such square recesses but rather oblong parts with rounded corners. So, it is also required to improve this with photo-etched or scratch-built parts. "

So..while I do my last minute shopping and wrap'n stuff I'm going to think this over.

But on a postive note, a nice new sharp "82" size drill bit made the elevator control horns much more usable.

hc4104f8.jpg

Yeah there's a lot of goop to clean up, no problem... :tomato

Maybe a bit oversized but it fits the bill for me.
Filled in those open blocks and will drill out shortly.

he68996e.jpg

These guns are freakin' amazing! I feel a little like cheating but what the hey...

h0ad19f0.jpg

Looks like i got some more stuff to clean up but that looks better than just a square block.

h9feb852.jpg

A little gloss coat will bring the tone back around.

This is about all i can get in today, headin' to Mom'n'ems for dinner. :D :mpup

These guns are freakin' amazing! I feel a little like cheating but what the hey...

h0ad19f0.jpg

This is about all i can get in today, headin' to Mom'n'ems for dinner. :D :mpup

They do look superb Bob! Please take some better close up pics if you can as I am quite interested in how they really look.

You are on track with getting it done, but you will have to get with the program to try and

h8cf59fc.gif

Before next Tuesday night. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Back