• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

COMPLETE! trumpeter kv-2 - COMPLETE!

Re: trumpeter kv-2

" Gee Wally, those fenders look swell! " :D

Did you heat and bend them?

Yup, and I 'over-did' it on the opposite side rear! I got it fixed up though. Effect I am going after is mine damage, with replaced wheels and all. I will likely do some wheels in a much darker green to offset & show a difference before I weather.

I dreampt up a little scheme to give that unique look I was after earlier - ordered the stuff today, just need it to show up!

TRUMPETER KV-2

Ok so if I understand this, we can finish a build that we started in another campaign, but never completed, right? If that is wirght, I actually have two, but will go with the trumpeter KV-2 I started. That is how this works, right?

So now if I wuz right, I also have a 1/72 Israeli KFIR jet from a ways back.

issue is, I do not remember which campaign thesse were originally in!!!!

TRUMPETER KV-2

OK gang, please let me know if I am doing this wrong, I do not want to show as more of a goofball than I already am :gogo

Here is a link to the original thread related to the KV-2

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/cold-steel/98871-trumpeter-kv-2?limitstart=0&start=12

Looks like that original campaign was COLD STEEL

TRUMPETER KV-2

OK It's move, git'er done :soldier

Thanks MP! would use the Rowdy Yates theme from Blues brothers except I already posted it in my sdkfz 251 build '

I will post pics tonight or tomorrow - now that MIG has that washable white-wash, I think I am going to give that awhirl on this.

TRUMPETER KV-2

Ok, so i wanted to jump subjects for a bit, as I am at a stop point on the others, and this one seemed to be calling my name!

So I got some basic priming done on it (man that Tamiya rattle can primer STINKS!), not that it is light as I want to represent some shadowing efect there. Not sure if it will make it to the end, but that that is the plan anyhow. Note that I also did some damage to the fenders. Time is short today, so I may only get a chance to add the wire grab handles, but would be nice to get some paint on it over the next week!

TRUMPETER KV-2

Don't forget to install the fender braces. :good:

All in due course, my good man! If I put them on now, my fumble fingers will undoubtedly break them.

Grab handles onthe turret compltete, one side showing bending. I cannot get paint on it until tomorrow, but hope to then!

TRUMPETER KV-2

that is metal wire, formed using a needle nose plier, and it is intentional. hard to see but the ones on the side have a bit of droop to them. They are superglued inplace fter drilling out the holes for the handles, then I dabbed superglue on the base where it mets the turret to give it a weld bead.

back when you got me into this about 6 years ago I bought some various spools of picture hanging wire from Lowe's I think it was. A super-thin, a thicker (used here) and some braided that will become the tow cable. The super this will be used on other models for antennae wire

TRUMPETER KV-2

I am sure you're enjoying this kit as it is one of Trumpeter's best value and engineered kits. Very little accuracy issues as well. Best of all, the only down side, the decals, can be avoided as many of these giants were unmarked. Those with markings are usually coarsely done so hand painting would be best to replicate it.

Regards,

TRUMPETER KV-2

Thanks Sharkie! I had actually not intended to mark it in any way, I actually used the big slogan decal from this kit on a Zvezda Su-100 that I updated and built!

trumpeter kv-2

OK so I used some old Pollyscale paint that I have and thinned with water! here I took the tank after priming it with Tamiya primer an did some pre-shading just to see if I could do it and if the thinning worked

And here it is showing a moderate attempt at <odulation. Note that I was not able to complete that little bit, as my airbrush fell apart!

here it is with the fenders press-fitted

Please see the help me! section to see what I managed to do to my airbrush!

Back