• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

COMPLETE! trumpeter kv-2 - COMPLETE!

trumpeter kv-2

Not a Aztek AB was it,they have a habit of doing that :bat
Good stuff so far mate. (y)

Airbrush is a Paasche VL siphon feed. I like eveything about it 'cept the the siphon, really wish it was gravity feed! I think the paint issues are more me and inexperience - I am having a time learning to run lower pressures with the pancakce compressor I have!

I did actually get the airbrush put back together! 'Sir-Pup' was kind enough to allow me use of hiw mack-daddy ultrasonic cleaner, really neat! Anyhooooo.....it was such a sunky-rainy day here in SC that I managed to getthe shading comeplete as you can see in these pics. Sorry about not having much more showing than that, I prose I did get the turret and fenders too!

I also dee-cided to use this product from MIG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0sHtUxZizQ
(Note: the music is kinda cool)
it is the washable camo. I think what I want to try is to make a REALLY think whitewash over it, and then put grime and other weathering techniques to it it too.

Anyhow, that is where it stands/sits!

trumpeter kv-2

Ok so this little pro-ject is rolling right along! here are a few pics with the wheels on and fenders finished but not glued to da' tank. Turret is also just sitting there, but I think this is the pose I am going with so far:

Note that I still have a BUNCH of touch up to do, including a hole where the fender attaches to the hull! Still it is making progress. Note that last one, i want to make it appear as if there has been previous mine damage to the front wheel and fender. I may even go back and paint that idler wheel a wholly darker shade, as though it is a replacement, plus enhance the damage to the hull prior to weathering

As Iron Mike has said, this is a fun little model that goes together pretty easily, and i am enjoying it!

trumpeter kv-2

Ok so got quite a bit more done, have the tracks and fenders on! Just need to do a bit of cleanup paint, one or two more 'bits' to add, and then it is on to the fun part...the weathering!!!

Here is some of the fencer damage detail

lastly, I am thinking of doing this takn as though it is going over a rise in the ground like that shwon here, what y'all think?

trumpeter kv-2

Tell me about it! need to get this one finished up and get some time on the Merkava, she is all-but ready for paint!

trumpeter kv-2

Very very nice (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks James! I want to finish this heavily weathered with badly faded white wash. I have a height constriction, but am still thinking that the tank rolling over something or jutting into the air a bit would be a neat touch.

trumpeter kv-2

Ok so getting back into this. I forgot to take some photos of her with a clear coat on, just this one on my little turntable

Here she is at the first of the process, with some washes, mostly one color. Prior to this I lightened some panels & corners to give it a better effect. Some more washed and mud, add the MG’s (not to be confused with Booker T & the MG’s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bpS-cOBK6Q
and we will be “in-bidniss”

trumpeter kv-2

Ok here is the latest. The Migs Washable Whitewash camo is really neat stuff! What you see here is the end result of applying and removing areas several times over. One thing to keep in mind, should you do this, is that the end item, once fully dry, is actually a bit ‘whiter’ in shade. I had originally wanted this to have a bit more of the whitewash worn off, and may in fact go back and spend some time removing more of it (that was the reason for the 1st mud wash, for effect), but we will see. Beauty of it is that it can be removed and reapplied as needed, until the desired effect is achieved!

So either way I still have more touch up plus at least another wash + mud, grime, and other effects yet to apply, but it is slowly moving there!

trumpeter kv-2

That is one big ugly tank! Great job on the whitewash so far! :popcorn

LOL! Ya know, after I got done with this last nite I remarked to my wife "that's a lot of work to get it that ugly!" :good:

I am going to go back and see if I can remove some more of the white. If I cannot then fine, but it will be an interesting test.

trumpeter kv-2

Ok here is the latest. I have the turret pretty close to how I want it, at least as far so the whitewash streaks go. The hull is pretty good too, but I need to better match the dirt on the panels. I am deliberately NOT showing the running gear, I put waaaay too much mud in there via artists oils, so I have some 'cover up' going, but it will have to sit a week+ before I can approach it and match the areas from the turet down.

Still need to add the MG's, get some corner wear in there, do some pin washes, and add graphite in the tracks and wheel areas, but it is comeing along nicely....if not deliberatly ugly!!!

trumpeter kv-2

Not bad, I thought I over did a weathering job once and it turned out great in pictures. Keep it up. :popcorn

trumpeter kv-2

Ok so here is the latest - thought I would finish her up today, but turned out no, I managed to get a dollup of paint on a flat portion of the fender - oops! I went over it with some artists oils, so now I have to wait maybe a week for it to dry. Still I did a good bit of the final weathering, painting some paint streaks and edge wear. I also dulled down the mud in the tracks, allowing the track metal to show thru an them got some mud and wear on the road wheels and tracks.

I figure one- two more entries, and I am done on this puppy! :mpup

trumpeter kv-2

Some additional mud spatter and accumulation on the rear would be a good idea, with that much in the tracks, it's going to fly (and stick). Keep going.

:drinks

Back